cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Tower Outages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Tower Outages

Well according to law they Sprint can not charge you and ETF because it is their fault. They changed the service area. This is classic breach of contract and can even go as far as a bait and switch. Bait you in the store sign a contract then killing your service. When you complain they tell you there is nothing that they can do. Then when you try to end your contract your out 350 per phone now simple math. If you have 3 phones at 200 each phone that's 600 dollars just in phones. Now the contract at about 200 dollars a month your looking at another 4800 for the 2 year contract. So all together that is 5400 dollars that they can make off of each person. So they shut down towers and your phone stops working they will make 1050 using the plan above. That is bait and switch and against the law. So we should all raise our voices and tell them that this not only unfair but against the law. This situation needs to be resolved in a reasonable amount of time Days not Weeks or even Months. Good luck every one and try to keep this thread at the top and keep it going

Journeyman

Even local Mom and Pop phone stores, and some that are major Sprint players all agree that Sprint is not upgrading, they are DECOMMISSIONING TOWERS and are forcing people to scrap their old contracts in favor of the new network contracts, especially NEXTEL folks.

Google the decommissioning and the current NYS 300 million dollar lawsuit against sprint.   Word has it that onsumers will be class action filing next.     Read BETWEEN THE LINES.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem as everyone else.... I have not been able to receive or make calls for days now.  I called Sprint twice and received the run around.  The second time I called today I spoke to a very rude woman in Accout Services who would not let me speak and gave me an attitude from the moment she picked up the phone.  The general message was - too bad if you want to cancel you pay the early termination fee.  I have made a complaint to the FCC... It is very easy to do..  You are submitting Form 2000B.  You can do it online... Here is what to do  http://www.fcc.gov/complaints - Click on Wireless Telephone (click Next).. Click on Billing, Service, Privacy Number Portability and other issues (click Next) They will want to know if you want to complete the form online... it tells you, you are about to file form 2000B this is the one you want.  Click Complete form - fill out the information (you will need your account number - if you don't have it on had log into your (my account - it is there).  Good Luck!

Master

I am sorry you are having a problem with coverage/service.  If you can give me the city and state where are and some cross streets near you  I would be happy to see if there is anetwork issue effecting you.

Journeyman

I am in Loves Park, IL -   A major intersection by me would be Riverside Blvd and North 2nd Street (route 251) in Loves Park, IL.  I talked to customer service/ account services today and your representative in account services Kamiya is not doing your company any service.  She was rude, doesn't let you speak (continually speaking over you)  and was very defensive the moment she took my call.  I got an attitude from her for just asking her to spell her name. According to her, her supervisor is Faith.  I have no last names.

Master

I am sorry for the frustration that you are experiencing at this time.  The towers in your immediate area are under going an upgrade process under our network vision project.   I can assure you we are working to not only fix it, but improve your overall customer experience in the area. I will report this issue to our network team so that they will be aware of your specific location.   We are working to keep the interruption in service to a minimum.  

I am not currently showing and ETR for the work that is taking place presently.

I also apologize for any poor customer service experiences you have had.  If you would like I can report the information on the interaction.  I order to do this I would need you to send me a private message with your phone number so I can retrieve the information I will need to do that.  Please do not post any private information in the forums.

Journeyman

Week 7 here. My wife and I have 2 different phones, both Sprint. After speaking to them in May about the dropped calls they tell me it will be fixed on May 15th, May 16th nothing is changed, other than now my wife and I can not get Text messages, call again May 17th received  $50.00 credit they tell me it will be fixed on May 25th, May 26th called again receive a $25.00 credit and they tell me there is nothing more they can do. So this is what I have 2 phones at $148.00 a month with add on Data plan (thats a joke), We both are on Roam all the tiem and when on Roam We do not get calls coming in and if you make a call out it is sure to take you 15 calls to finish a sentence, Now Texting, We get Radio Interference message or unable to send network busy, data...no such thing here, unless I am at home or on an open access network (46307-home) (46342-work). If We do get calls they go to voice mail and we receive them 15 days later. My wife has resuems out there with her cell # on them, low and behold she gets a message yesterday about an interview 2 weeks ago. She calls the company back explains the story and all they can say is sorry the job as been filled. So she is now sending resumes with the home phone on it and sits home to wait for the phone to ring...nice...My contract is up in 4/13 and all I am asking for is 2 things, #1 have service that works or #2 let me out of the contract because what you are charging me for I do not have, that is service, that you can not provide until what I here is July now. My question is July of what year? You have millions of customers that are affected by this and I understand I am not the only one. But you advertise your company as #1 in customer satisfaction and the "Now netwiork, neither of which are true. You are the poorest company I have ever had to deal. Let alone my wife who is a president of a large NON Profit company that can not make calls to clients and city and state officials in regard to projects that benefit children with disablities. Bait and switch I agree....This is crazy and I feel Sprint is at fault...they are working on the towers and not providing service to their customers.....I do not think they should charge for service they are not providing. You can take me to court, I am not paying for something I do not have...oh and good luck getting blood out of a turnip....The "NOW" network that does not know what "NOW"means....

Journeyman

I too have had issues with my service, started acting up over a month ago, but with in the last week/two weeks it has gotten worse every day....works in some areas then in others it doesnt...i could have full signal (all my bars full and green) and then go to make a call and i have no signal whatsoever in a matter of milliseconds. i dont get calls, my phone never rings, then i have a voicemail..explain that one. I'll go to send a txt message, and it takes OVER 5 times of me trying to send for it to finally go through. My cell phone, like many others, is the only way i communicate with work, family, daughter's daycare and more. I dont have a landline and i certainly cant afford anyone else. I left Cricket to come to you guys because i was having poor service issues with them as well, and now i get this. COME ON SPRINT. I am about ready to leave sprint, and go back to Cricket, surely was cheaper with them for the same quality of service

Journeyman

I have been having the same problems for months now.  I switched to Sprint about a year ago and for about the first 6 months my signal service was great!  However, for about the past 4-5 months I have had the worst cell service  I have ever had with any company.  My signal bars switch between 1-2 bars (thats when I actually have any servce), but most of the time I have no bars or I get the "1x" signal which means "no data", so 90% of the time all I can do with my phone is make a phone call and thats it! no internet, no text messaging due to NO SERVICE!!!  It is very frustrating because I have called Sprint many many times about it and every single time I call they use the same exact excuse everytime, the say, "oh let me run a few tests, but I'm showing there is an outage in your area which is most likely causing your issue and should be up and running shortly".  They say that not knowing that I've called about the same issue a dozen times.  Seriously people how could there be an outage everyday?? and if thats so then obviously I need to switch to another carrier.  I'm so tired of never being able to use the services on my cell phone that I pay over a hundered dollars for every month.  If Sprint doessn't step it up soon I'm cancelling my service.

Journeyman

I just got this problem last week where I can't receive anything but can call out and text.  I go to the Sprint repair center since the Evo 3d is now discontinued I thought the phone was going bad.  For the past few months my phone's 4g and 3g has been getting slower and non existant.  When I look at the tower updates for my area it says everything is fixed and done.  The reps at the repair center on Stringtown Rd, in Grove City, OH told me it could take up to 8 more weeks for my service to get back up and running, I'm paying $100 a month for a paper weight/camera. 

Right now I have 4 of the 6 bars and can't recieve anything on my phone.