cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Tower Outages

Wizard

Re: Sprint Tower Outages

Adesum wrote:

I'm also in 222204. Been having the exact same problems as you all above since 10/18/12. Must be a tower outage or problem near us!

Adesum,

I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues at your location.  I'll be glad to look into it for you.  If you wouldn't mind providing me your nearest cross street and/or address to the nearest gas station or corner store, it will help me to review your location.

Sincerely

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Wizard

jman2929 wrote:

I've been a sprint customer for about 7 years now and have been pleased with the reception and smooth connectivity to the internet.  However, for the last 4 weeks, service has been very lousy.  Many dropped calls.  sometimes couldn't even make a call.  internet is the worst part. if i can connect at all, speeds are extremely slow. just to log into my email online which normally takes around 10 seconds, can now take over 5 minutes, if at all.  occasionally things seem to be back up and running, then loss of service a half hour later.  i've missed several important calls an a few texts. i've experienced these issues in most of the portland oregon metro area including hillsboro, beaverton, and tigard. everyone i know in these same areas that has sprint is havving similar issues.  i understand some inconveniences due to maintenance, but this is ridiculous.  i've been looking into going back to at&t, since the prices are about the same. i was about to renew my contract with an upgrwde to an iphone, but i'm glad i waited.  boooooooo sprint!

jman2929,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing service issues at multiple locations.  I know you've mentioned that the areas you are traveling in are also experiencing issues.  Would you like me to look up estimated time of repairs for those locations?  If so, I'll need a city, state and nearest cross street so I can review the progress of the towers.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Wizard

FOLEYDIL,

Thank you for sending me this information.  A quick review of your location indicates a drop in voice performance but no official known issue.  This means I may need to collect some data from you so I can escalate your issue to our networking technicians.

If you wouldn't mind sending me some information via private message I'll be glad to look into it.

To send a private message:

1. Click on my name (Below my picture)
  2. Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

Information needed:

1. Your first and last name
  2. Your number and other numbers on the account with the same issue
  3. An alternate contact number, other than the number you're experiencing issues with
  4. The approximate date/time that your issue began
  5. The physical address where you most experience the issue
  6. A brief description of your issue including all services effected (voice, data, text) and any errors messages you may be receiving.
  7. An email address

After reviewing this information, I may need to escalate your issue to our networking technicians.  Note:  Please only send this information via private message to protect your personal information.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

the nearest cross streets are:

Fishers Lane and Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville, MD (20852)

Vollmerhausen and Guilford Road, Jessup MD (20794)

Thanks for looking into this.

Wizard

4daluvofgee wrote:

I have been experiencing slow data, connectivity issues and 4g says disconnected. Yet sprint tells me there's no problems in my area 30308. North Ave. &Piedmont. Atlanta, Ga

4daluvofgee,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  I'll be glad to assist any way that I can.  I know how frustrating it can be when you're trying to use data on your phone and it's not functioning properly.  A quick review of your locations reports no issues with the towers themselves, which is not to say you are not experiencing an issue.  You mentioned that you are using 4G.  Which device do you have?  I'll need that information in order to review 4G coverage and performance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

Cross street if Columbia Pike and S Wayne St in 22204. Looks like from the posts there are lots of us in 22204 reporting this problem. Been out for a week now.

Wizard

ch33z,

Thank you for providing me this information.  After reviewing the first location that you provided me, I do see that there were several outages that have closed at that location recently.  The towers themselves seem to be performing well now, so a simple update profile should help resolve your issue at that location.  The second location you provided me does have a reported issue.  A Single Cellsite outage was reported on 10/06/2012 at that location.  Ticket# 9585485 has been dispatched and is currently being worked by our fix agents.  The estimated time of repair is 10/26/2012 .  If for some reason your services are not back up and running by 10/27/2012 , please let me know so I may escalate your ticket.

To perform an update profile on your phone, go to Settings>System Update>Update Profile. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Wizard

Adesum wrote:

Cross street if Columbia Pike and S Wayne St in 22204. Looks like from the posts there are lots of us in 22204 reporting this problem. Been out for a week now.

Thank you for sending me this information.  After reviewing your location, I do see a voice outage that cleared in your area on 10/19/2012 and an EVDO (3G) outage that is still open.  Ticket# 9601392 has been dispatched and is currently being worked by our fix agents.  The estimated time of repair is 10/25/2012.  If your issues are specifically with data, please let me know if your issue is not resolved by 10/26/2012 so I can further escalate your issue.  If your issue is with voice or text, we may need to review your situation further.  Please keep me posted so we can determine the next course of action we need to take.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

Issues are with voice text and data. Nothing is working. I can go east or west on Columbia Pike about 10 blocks and everything works. Just not here at my location at S Wayne St and Columbia Pike. Started about 1 week ago.

Highlighted
Wizard

Adesum,

Thank you for sending me this information.  If this is the case, we may need to escalate your issue to our networking technicians. If you wouldn't mind sending me some information via private message I'll be glad to look into it.

To send a private message:

1. Click on my name (Below my picture)
  2. Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

Information needed:

1. Your first and last name
  2. Your number and other numbers on the account with the same issue
  3. An alternate contact number, other than the number you're experiencing issues with
  4. The approximate date/time that your issue began
  5. The physical address where you most experience the issue
  6. A brief description of your issue including all services effected (voice, data, text) and any errors messages you may be receiving.
  7. An email address

After reviewing this information, I may need to escalate your issue to our networking technicians.  Note:  Please only send this information via private message to protect your personal information.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support