cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint changing Employee Discount?

Journeyman

Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?

warning.  i was no longer under contract. 

asked to renew employee discount same as last year.  i now have a new two year contract unlike last year when i verified.  seems sneeky to me.

be careful.  if you do not want a new two year contract do not renew employee discount.

Journeyman i-v
Journeyman

Was your email address given to you from the HR Dept at your job??? There were no email addresses where I am employed.  Therefore i cannot use the link you posted.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got off the phone with a rep and he stated that I can just go to sprint.com/verify and do it there.  He said he was only able to take care of discounts where emails are used to confirm eligibility.

I went to the site and entered my phone number.  After enterning, the site says:

Thank you for your interest in the Sprint Discount Program. No action is required for your account at this time.

The next time you upgrade a device on this account, we'll need you to provide current proof of eligibility.

If you upgraded your device within the last 24 hours, our systems may not be updated yet. Please watch for a text message reminding you to verify your discount eligibility.

So this means I will have to verify the next time I upgrade and no further action is required on my part at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can somebody validate Ag3ntJay's post above with the validation message? If so, I believe it's our best way to continue the discount at least until the primary line's renewal needs to occur. Correct? What happens if we don't take the step shown above?

It sounds likely that even if we take the action shown above, we'll need to either re-confirm our employment with our discounted agency at the end of the primary line's contract date or reset our pricing to that of a standard customer.

i-v wrote:

Was your email address given to you from the HR Dept at your job??? There were no email addresses where I am employed.  Therefore i cannot use the link you posted.

Don't have an email address issued by your employer, university or organization?

It's not a problem. Call us           today!

Sprint customers: Call 1-888-211-4727.

New to Sprint? Call 1-888-798-1005 to order products and services.

Master

You can go the site  www.sprint.com/verify and it will tell you what information we will need to verify the account.  The information can be faxed in.

Journeyman

i know a bunch of people that have used http://www.studentrate.com/studentrate/itp/get-itp-student-deals/Sprint-Student-Rate-Member-Discount... it say's for students upgrading but it's worth a shot, I know a few people who weren't students that got it.

Journeyman

I'm pretty furious at Sprint right now. About a month ago, I received a text from Sprint that said I needed to confirm eligibility for my discount. The next day, I received a text from Sprint saying that the first message was sent in error. I figured that was the end of it.

Last week I got a text, again, saying that I need to confirm eligibility for my discount. Then yesterday, I got another. So I went in there this morning to try and straighten it out. Essentially I was told that I have the United Airlines discount, and if I can't prove I work for UA, I can't get a discount.

I explained how I got the discount, that two years ago I walked in and said that I was out of contract, and I could get a discount for Verizon thorough my employer, and the Sprint employee who was helping me said, "I can get you a discount"; and he did. The guy I was talking to today said, "Well, that was two years ago, and he did the correct thing, trying to sign you. But they don't let us give out discounts like that any more. You could get away with it then, but that's why they're doing this proof of eligibility thing now. There's nothing I can do."

So, essentially, discounts given out by Sprint employees under false pretenses were so rampant that Sprint decided to strip its employees of their power to do so, and are now passing accountability for the debacle on to their unknowing customers. It's unbelievable.

That this is occurring without warning--especially since I just entered into a new two-year contract--is unconscionable. It has effectively removed any choice, in terms of other carriers, from the equation. It's infuriating.

My last line of defense was to call Sprint and try to work it out with them that way. They told me the same thing.

Shady dealings.

Journeyman

Get this, I had a discount from my credit union for almost 2 yrs.  I've gotten the same texts.  I was told from my co-wokers that my company offers a better discount through Sprint.  So I fill out a discount form from the HR office, went to sprint.com/verfiy and filled out their forms and faxed them along with a paystub and got a denial email.  Really?? Half the plant has the discount but now my company is now ineligible?? On top of that I lost my disount through my credit union. Grrr If this don't get fixed I am OUT!!! My contract expires in a couple of months.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue.  In 2006 I started working for a company that gave me an 18% discount with Sprint .  Maybe six months after I started getting that discount,  I was having so many issues with Sprint that I threatened to cancel.  I ended up speaking with their cancellation department and they uped my discount to 25% to get me to stay. 

Now let's fast forward, it's now 2012 and they have implemented this new verification system.  I have no problem with verifying my discount since my new company offers a 20%, however now Sprint is trying to argue that I can no longer keep the additional 7% that was given to me in 2006.  They cannot go back and look at the account records from that time, so I'm speaking with people that keep offering me their assumptions as to how I got the additional 7%.  None of them have been employees as long as I've been a customer, so it's frustrating that they have no idea as to how the system worked back then. 

It just seems a little ironic that I have never had to verify anything in 6 years, and suddenly I upgrade to the iPhone 5 (which locks me into a contract) and now they want to take away part of my discount.

TOTAL RIPOFF!!  I have been a customer with Sprint for 12 years and feel they have no appreciation for my long standing relationship.

I wish I had just gone with AT&T!!!!

Journeyman

Sprint pulled the discounts on 3 of my 4 phones 30 days after my 2 year renewal, which limited my option to either stay and pay the full price or cancel early and pay the termination fees.

I wonder, how did JD Power rated Sprint "Highest Satisfaction...?" I am getting ready to send a letter to Bob Johnson. Chief Service and Info tech Officer, Sprint, who resently signed Sprint's flyer saying that they are honored to be my carrier.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.