cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint changing Employee Discount?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?

I'm not sure as to why my posts are being duplicated 2 and 3 times! I am only hitting the add reply once and then I get an error!

I will take your advice concerning the recorded conversation, that's a great idea. However they do not record every conversation and in fact I believe the manager knew it wasn't being recorded and that was why I got the Mr. Hyde version of Sprint customer service! My biggest issue with all of this is the total decline in customer service in all companies! I mean when I was younger and just working my way through school I worked a lot of customer service jobs and I never remember straying from the old adage "the customer is always right", if I had of , well I would have been fired on the spot! One thing Sprint is forgetting is the fact that the masses are still in control, we have Facebook, blogs and Youtube to spread our message! Are you listening Sprint?

Journeyman

I also just found out my discount was removed. I got this discount as an employee of a company offering the discount. I was not informed via email or text that the discount was going away or needed to be re-verified. I also was not told it would be removed when I was in the Sprint store upgrading a secondary line's phone. I will be cancelling Sprint as soon as I am out of contract with them. This is not the way for a company to do business. If anything legal comes of this, I will be participating.

Wizard

ABOGGSSPRINT1

Sorry about the confusion. Effective 7/29/12, all existing discounts require proof of eligibility when an upgrade occurs and 20 months has passed since previous validation.

If you are still with the employer, visit http://sprint.com/discount to get started on having your discount re-applied. New employer? Visit the site to see if your new employer offers one.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Journeyman

While I appreciate your response, it misses the point entirely. Sprint sold me a service at a discount. Sprint told me I would have this discount as long as I remained with Sprint. Now, Sprint has removed the discount, which means Sprint lied to me. I get that the contracts may say something different, but that doesn't change the fact that I was lied to, multiple times by multiple Sprint representatives over the last 7 (almost 8) years that I have been with Sprint with the discount. This isn't the way to treat loyal customers.

Wizard

ABOGGSSPRINT1

At the time you upgraded or started service, the information shared with you was indeed valid. The discount is a perk offered by employers for service with Sprint. No changes with employment? Verification is easy via the processes already shared. As of 7/29/12, a verification process is necessary to ensure you are still affiliated with your employer, university, credit union, etc. 

A good way to stay in the know with changes that may affect you is to review page 2 of your monthly invoice. An electronic version can be seen online. Also, http://sprint.com/newsroom is also a great source of info.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Ruth, the problem is that many people commenting on this topic was informed AFTER they signed a new contract.  Some people sold their old phones back to Sprint as well.  There is no problem with Sprint changing their policies or procedures, but customers should be notified BEFORE they upgrade thier accounts and are locked into a 2 year agreement. Also, in my case I had 2 discounts, one through my employer and one because I had so many issues with my account I.e, service issues, no service, over charges, etc. so it had NOTHING to do with my employer and had no expiration date.  It has now been removed because "it was applied over 2 years ago and Sprint no longer has access to those records".  AMAZING, because it's Sprints own records. 

The practice of notifying customers after the fact is quite deceptive and probably illegal.  I have been a loyal customer for 13 years, but I will definitely be changing carriers once this contract has expired.

Regards,

Lynn

Journeyman

Ruth, I think you are still missing my point here. If the information shared with me was valid, then why was the discount removed in the first place? I had a change in employment, I'm not hiding that, but what I was told was the discount would remain on the account as long as I remained with Sprint ... NOT my employer at the time. When I upgraded multiple times over the years, I told Sprint I was not employed with the same company and they told me not to worry, that the discount would remain on the account as long as I was with Sprint. This is the issue I am having. The discount needs to be added back to my account. And to Lynn's point, Sprint representatives should be required to disclose that discounts are going to be removed from accounts PRIOR to signing a new contract. I just can't believe Sprint is doing this to their customers, especially ones who have been loyal for years and brought others to join Sprint as well.

Journeyman

HI Does anyone know if you are now retired from the Federal Government, do you still qualify for the discount?

Journeyman

@ABOGGSSPRINT1 - There has been several Sprint representatives that have commented on this post and they all have tried to justify what has happened.  Amazingly they have all been consistent in not responding to questions on why customers were notified only AFTER they were locked into agreements.

There was some chatter on here about a Class Action Lawsuit.  I don't want or need any financial compensation from Sprint, but I would like to have my fraudulent, deceitful contract immediately terminated so I may get another service provider.

Lynn

Journeyman

Hi Lynn,

They don't seem too interested, at least on here, to help keep the customers. I will be calling a local Sprint store (not an "authorized dealer") to see if they will help. If not, I'll try customer service. I'll report my results here. Who knows, maybe they will be willing to keep me.

Have you tried calling a store or customer service to see if they will add your discounts back on to keep such a long-term, loyal customer? Sorry if I missed an earlier post where you said this already.