Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint iPhone 4s Unlocking

SOLVED
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone 4s Unlocking

This Message was Intended to Sprint Customer Service..... I was with Sprint 14 Years (since 1999). Recently I waited to you people complete your Tower software upgrades (but now also, no change in reception or signal), though the reception of my current location was bad for the last six month (my location - center of the Edison, NJ). I literally not used my phone at all on sprint network, (i.e. only I used on my home WiFi), but I paid sprint bill every month all these six months since my contract was there (it was a big mistake from my side). So, now my contract ended. One month before my contract ended, one of The sprint supervisor from some special department (I don't remembered the name of the person or dept., but you may check,45 days ago, I believe you can still see my account note) suggested me to transfer the number first and then call Sprint customer care to get the unlock code. I just followed his stupid instructions, then learn that, the sprint give code and can unlock only if the phone is active on their network. I spent another four hours on four different call with sprint and finally I got six digit code, but no instruction on how to unlock. Now this iPhone 4S is piece of junk. Here in some of the discussions Sprint employees are suggesting to call international dept.,???  I don't know why they are doing that? The sprint customer service (including the international department) clearly told me they are not going to walk me through any kind of unlocking process. That is what the instruction they got from their management. In that earlier four hours that four different calls one person told me " it is law, we don't need unlock, Hence we don't want to break the law and unlock your phone". Any way if at all you (Sprint customer care) really have any correct and honest solution please respond here or send me email.

65 REPLIES
Master

Re: Sprint iPhone 4s Unlocking

R2011,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that you've moved on. For assistance with unlocking the iPhone 4S, your best bet would be to take the code provided with the phone to an Apple Store as they can assist. We are unable to unlock the devices outside of international use on our end. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi,

As per your suggestion I took my Sprint iPhone 4S to near by Apple store (with appoint). As soon as the technician checked my phone in their system, the Apple store technician told me "This iPhone still locked to Sprint only, we can't do any thing to help you, I am sorry". Then I shown him the code you (sprint) gave me. He said that code is not required for them, if the carrier (sprint) request Apple to unlock any individuals phone it will Simple show-up in their system as unlocked.

I am again confused, i.e. "the Apple store Technician lying or you (Sprint)  mislead me and make me, to go Apple store."

After 14 years continuously with Sprint, i.e. I was sprint customer since January 1999, more over, now also, I completed this recent two years contract agreement, You are still giving trouble to me. Once again, As I requested in my first posting,  if you are really willing to unlock my iPhone send that  request of UNLOCKING to Apple, and send me that same (or similar) info to my email as well, then when I go to Apple store, I can show them (Apple store Technicians) that email info of Sprint Official unlock request to Apple.

There is old saying "Milk the cow till it gives, but don't never try to eat meat of the cow, if it stops giving milk, because there wouldn't be any cow left to attempt milk again."

Master

R2011,

I apologize for any frustrations with having your device unlocked.  Many Sprint phones or tablets have been programmed with a master subsidy lock or “MSL” that locks the device to certain operational parameters for use on Sprint’s network and prevents the device from being activated, as locked, on other carriers’ networks.  Not all Sprint devices have a locking code or locking function that can be unlocked by Sprint.  On certain devices, not all functionality may be unlocked (some smartphone devices Sprint may be able to unlock the CDMA/voice functionality of the device but unable to unlock the GSM/UMTS/LTE portion of the device).  Even if unlocked, Sprint devices will not necessarily work on another carrier’s network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier’s network is subject to that carrier’s policies and network compatibilities.  Even if a different carrier will activate a Sprint device on its network, Sprint does not make any guarantees as to a Sprint device’s performance on another carrier’s network or that any or all device features or functionalities will be fully or partially operational.  Although a phone manufacturer may manufacture the same device model and name for different wireless carriers offering wireless service in the United States, Sprint devices are specifically designed to function on Sprint’s network and Sprint’s frequencies and technologies.  If Apple is unable to activate your device on your new carrier using the MSL code which was provided this can be a limitation in your carrier’s capabilities.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

Don't believe anything Sprint reps tell you. They are required by policy not to acknowledge the possibility of the iPhone being unlocked from their network. I just talked to an Apple senior adviser who provided me with instructions on unlocking as well as what sprint has to do to unlock it and the policy on why Apple can't unlock it. Carriers have a contract with Apple where Apple can only issue an unlock as long as Sprint or the original carrier allows for Apple to do so. He actually put me in contact with his Office number and email incase I have trouble with sprint doing so. MSL codes don't do anything for iPhones. Tell them they need to submit a request to Apple for a carrier unlock. If they tell you anything other than "We will submit that request." ask to speak to someone higher up. As long as you're eligible, you will be able to get to it.

Journeyman

Did you get your iPhone unlocked?

Master

GARRYPIG123123,

Thank you for posting.

We really do appreciate your feedback, input, time and valued business with us.

Did you have any other concerns or feedback we could help you with?

Because we are definitely here to help you.

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Can I get my phone unlock iPhone 4s CDMA and gsm quadband

Master

Summy12,

Thank you for contacting us.

Are you currently active on Sprint?

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I called sprint today asking for get my sprint iPhone 5 unlocked for use outside of the country and they told me they can't do anything for me, I have all the requirements, good standing account, former sprint customer, etc. after several calls on deferents department and different transfers the last representative on international department told me to go and hack the phone? To get it done, whats going on?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.