cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint reception

Journeyman

Sprint reception

I have been with sprint for over 8 years now, I used to love the reception, but now, I am lucky if i can make a call in my own home. I have brought it up to Sprint but the only thing they do is pull up a coverage map in their computer and tell me its shows good coverage in the area...well its not just my cell phone it is all my lines who have trouble with service in all areas. It is becoming very stressful because calls will not go through until many attempts and they also get dropped. complaining about the drop calls is pointless because they are dropped mainly after the hours where they count against my anytime minutes. Using my cell phone around my job is a failed attempt, at home it is a frustration, and through the city it is running on luck. It seems as the flip phones from not too long ago had better service. Others with different networks have great reception, where i have even used their phones to use the web. What is going on, One time i was told about a cell phone tower causing problems here in the Houston area where even a local news channel had a report specifically on Sprints failed service. Does sprint have too many customers where the towers are jammed? if so this is an inconvenience to us the customers.

5 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Sprint reception

SANTOSG1,

I know dropped or blocked calls can be very frustrating, so I'd like to ease your concerns by pinpointing your location and provide further troubleshooting. What are your nearest cross streets and zip code? What is your device make/model?

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

my work area main cross road are Greenspoint drive, Beltway 8, and Interstate 45 north  in Houston Texas 77060. The worst reception is here.

My home main streets are Synnot and Bissonnet which is also in Houston 77083. the service inside my house is no longer clear as it once was, my calls get dropped every single time i use the phone inside my house. I used to brag about the service and never had that problem inside my own home.

Journeyman

I live in the Montrose area of Houston and have been experiencing the same problems. Previously the Sprint reception was spectacular...but now I'm lucky if I can get a text message through on the first attempt.

When Sprint was first launching the LTE service, they said sporadic network downtime was to be expected. That was in April. Over 30 calls and 4 weeks later we could still not get a call out from our home. Oddly it would work just fine if you walked approximately 4 blocks away. Sprints response? A measly "we're sorry" and a credit that only partly came through, nevermind the fact that my girlfriend had just spent over $1,000 in advertising dollars for printed ads that included her Sprint phone number. Our household income was cut over 50% that month from the outages alone, and Sprints only condolance was that we could pay $200 to buy a receiver that might take months to arrive + a $25 credit. Most of those problems have been resolved, although our base bill amount increased because Sprint 'lost' my company discount in the midst of it all. FAILURE.

Even though we're receiving 4G service again, it only works sporadically. The solution seems to be that you have to walk about 4 blocks away to connect to the network, then return to your principal location. Even after numerous complaints about this, Sprint's technicians respond that despite the constant disconnections and intermittant service, that they are 'improving the network' and 'it will be resolved within the week.' They completely ignore the dozens of service calls that we have placed for months and they counter that intermittant service, even if only for an hour a day, fulfills their end of the contract.

Pardon my ramble, but I saw your post and just wanted to vent that Sprint is completely, flagrantly, and blatantly disregarding the concerns of its customers.

Journeyman

PS,  it's 12:52 PM on 6/6/2013 and my mobile date indicator has been reading as 'disconnected' for over 30 minutes. aaaaaarrrrrghhhh!!!!

Journeyman

o no problem, i feel that if more people voice out on this issue then eventually they might try to fix it.