cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Family Plan to Individual Plans

Journeyman

Switch from Family Plan to Individual Plans

I am tired of paying the family plan and not getting any money from my family members. I want to switch from a family plan to individual plans. The family plan contract is set to expire 9/2014. If everyone sticks with Sprint, will we be subject to any ETF's? Or can the contract just be converted?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Switch from Family Plan to Individual Plans

COSMICASSHOLE

Thanks for posting on Sprint Community.

Changing your plan does not affect your contract. Actions such as upgrading your phone, adding an employee discount or cancelling are a few examples of what will affect your contract dates and/or ETF. Your plan can be changed at anytime without any penalty. Please be aware of any changes made mid-bill cycle, as you will incur prorated charges on your future invoice.

A solution to the billing concern you are having is to possible move some of your Sprint phone numbers to a different Sprint account. With Change of Ownershipo you can transfer as many telephone numbers from your account to a new or existing Sprint account. To get more details or to see if your qualify for a Change of Ownership, visit http://sprint.com/changeofownership.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Journeyman

My question involves this situation:

I have a family plan, which includes myself and my daughter.  However, I need to drop her because she is getting married and getting her own plan.

The contract for my number is already over.  But the contract associated with her number has 9 more months on it.  I want to keep my number without having to pay ETF's.  The customer service rep said I couldn't do this.  I'm an excellent customer and I don't see why the remaining months can't just be moved over to my line.  What is your advice?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Master

It's not possible, her line is the one in contract and it cannot be changed. What you can do is do a change of ownership with her line, transferring it into her name, there will be not etf and her upgrade eligibility will remain the same.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Customer_Instructions_for_Change_of_Ownership/2a4c5654-b64...

Journeyman

Hello PJ4320,

Thanks for posting. I do understand your concern. Unfortunately if you do cancel your daughters line will ouccur an ETF, becuase it is still with in contract. We are also unable to move contracts between lines.Is she planning on staying Sprint service?Thank you.*Paida

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.