cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tower Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tower Issues

I live in Burkburnett, Texas.  I have been with Sprint for over ten years and have had wifi/hotspot internet service for five of those years.  We have never had a problem like we have the last three weeks.  We have taken all of our devices into the Sprint Store in Wichita Falls, TX.  They have been unable to help us and keep telling us there are tower issues affecting customers in Burkburnett.

However, when I call Sprint they are not showing tower problems.

We have 4 phones and 1 internet box.  One of our phones can't get a signal the majority of the time.  It is searches continuously for 3G.  All four of our phones are dealing with garbled and dropped calls.  Just today, I tried four times to speak to a friend that also lives in Burkburnett.  We finally just gave up.

The internet box lets us connect to the internet, but it does not have any bars and we live in 4G coverage area.  We went over data usage by $300 in July and $100 during the first 3 days of this billing cycle.  I finally got to speak to a supervisor with Sprint and they gave me a partial credit for the overages.  That's great, but it does not FIX THE PROBLEM.

We want our service to work and not cost us a fortune in overages.  We are not doing anything different than we have in the past five years.  I was told it showed a lot of live streaming and I explained that we are repeatedly trying to use it over and over.  It takes forever to load.

I have a friend that is having the same issue with Sprint. What can be done to get the problem fixed?  Or when will it be fixed?

We just want our service to work again, like it has the past ten years.  We do not want to change service providers, but it may come to that.

4 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Tower Issues

BROWNSTACY,

This certainly sounds like a trying couple of weeks for you. I’m happy to look in to this. Let me start off with the network in your area. There is one tower in the Burkburnett area. This tower has had several outage tickets within the last couple of days. I did pull up the performance for the site and there is currently no activity, which is causing intermittent service at best. This has been an ongoing issue and our agents have been hard at work getting this site back online. The remaining towers in the area are experiencing capacity issues due to the increased traffic. This can cause increased dropped calls, slow data, roaming, and no service. Please be sure to update your profile on your phones daily. You should also power them down and leave off for at least 3 min. This may help some, while you are waiting for this issue to be fixed.

You data overages concern me. Is your network password protected? People can latch on to your connection and use your data if not. What type of Hotspot do you have? Do you have the 6GB or the 12GB plan? In closing I would like you to know that we value your loyalty and we know that you have options. Thanks for giving us a chance to get this resolved.

Regards,          

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

We know have the Sprint Mifi500-A6F.  We upgraded the box when we started having problems with all of our phones.  As of today, it still shows we have overages.  My bill is extremely too high.  I changed the name on the old hotspot and created a password with upper case letter, lower case letters, one number, and two symbols.

The new hotspot has a different name and password, but we are still over.  I received an overage notice yesterday when I was emailing an excel spreadsheet to my job.  How do I fix all of this?  We will not be able to stay with Sprint if it doesn't get resolved.  I need internet access for my work, but can't afford these types of bills.  I am so confused as to why it jumped like this for the first time in over five years and we haven't changed our usage style at all.

Yesterday, my phone alone (we have 4 phones and 1 hotspot) dropped at least five calls. 

Journeyman

We changed our plan from 6GB to 12GB when I received the notice we were in overages, only three days into our new billing cycle.  Apparently, that didn't help either.

Journeyman

BROWNSTACY,

Thanks for the follow up. When exactly did you upgrade your MIFI? I would like to take closer look at this for you. Can you send me a private message with your account name, MIF phone number, and your security pin or answer? This will allow me access to your account so I can look in depth at the usage.

Regards,          

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.