cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to bill application purchase to account

SOLVED
Journeyman

Unable to bill application purchase to account

I was about to purchase an application (for $0.99) and wanted to bill it to the account rather than my credit card. My understanding was that billing to the account was something that could be done. Why is this option not showing up?

80 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Unable to bill application purchase to account

C_brookhart,

I understand not wanting to charge $0.99 to a credit card. Through Google you can bill to your Sprint account, but Apple you will not be able to. Below I have provided the steps for Google play.

1. Access Google Play on your phone and search for the item you want to purchase
  2. On the application description screen, tap the box with the item's cost.
  3. If Bill my Sprint account is not already selected, click the drop down arrow next to your current payment option and click on Bill my Sprint account.  If a credit card has not been setup, Bill my Sprint account is the default payment option.
  4. If this is your first purchase on your Sprint account, verify your address is correct; if you need to change it, tap the pencil icon next to the address listed
  5. Review the Terms of Use and tap Accept
  6. Click Accept & buy.
  7. If the purchase was successful the download of your item will begin, if applicable.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Pay_for_a_Google_Play_application_on_your_monthly_Sprint_b... a Google Play Store Purchase&id16=Make a Google Play Store Purchase

I hope I was able to answer your question, and if you need anything else please let me know!

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team
Tuesday –Saturday 1-10pm mst.

Journeyman

This stopped working and now gives error message from your mobile service provider: Subs id not found root exception is securitymanagerservicerequest. GetCBIsubscriber INFO 755

What is going on?

Journeyman

This stopped working and now gives error message from your mobile service provider: Subs id not found root exception is securitymanagerservicerequest. GetCBIsubscriber INFO 755

What is going on?

Journeyman

I am trying to do the same thing, pay for googleapps on sprint account.  I follow the instructions and get an error "your purchase on your Sprint USA billing account was declined".  I have three phones on my plan all with different gmail addresses.  The phone I am trying to download to is not the primary.  Is that the problems and any suggestions to help.  I looked for a setting on my Sprint online account to authorize to all 3 phones but did not see anything like tat.

Journeyman

Make sure you are not authenticating via the wireless and only the phone network. I found it has issues and when I shut off wireless and only allowed  Sprint network to connect it worked. NOTE if you have an air rave you may still need to get away from it I have one and I needed to stay clear of it before it started to work.

Journeyman

Thank you! Your solution fixed the problem I was having with my downloads!

Journeyman

My wireless is off and it still says error. I waited weeks and it still says error. I've already called customer care, not much help there.

Master

KristenEdwards3, 

Thank you for the post.  What phone do you have? What exact error message or code do you see on your end? 

Dania

Social Care

Master

ClassiestCamilla,

Thank you for the update.  Please do let us know if you have any questions.

Sprint Social Care Team

David