I made the latest update from Sprint that improves the HD Voice Calls beside other things and after the update I been unable to update the PRL and Profile. I been trying and trying after the update and there is no way possible to update PRL and Profile.
Thank you for your post. Is this happening on both of your HTC one's? If so, the best option would be to speak to a HTC Product Support Specialist about the issues that you are facing since the update:
If the issue is only persisting with one of your two HTC One's then I would have a technician at one of locations take a look: www.sprint.com/storelocator.
Sprint Social Care Team
I talked with one HTC One support specialist and this is what he told me:
"That error is not in our system. Normally I would suggest a factory reset at this point. But there are two other factors. First where it is more than one phone, it is not a failure in the update. And second the PRL should have updated itself. It is possible that update server is offline and you will have to try later. It is also possible that post update the tower in your area itself needs to be updated."
"My best suggestion is one of two things. Either wait and try again tomorrow. Or put your sim card in another phone at the store and see what Internet that phone gets."
Like I mention before, this problem started yesterday after doing the Sprint update for HD voice calling and other improvements, this is happening in both phones (my wife and I) the exact same issues.
What's the next step?
This is on sprint. I've been getting the same messages. Firstly there should be no reason why you should have to constantly update your prl or profile. Sprint kicks you off the network to limit your data usage. Now they approved an update that prevents the user from circumventing this practice. Then they give the standard "sorry for the inconvenience take your device and have it checked". I think they regret having the unlimited data plan and do everything to throttle the customers use of it.
Thanks for reaching out, KevGee.
Please try to powercycle the device then do an update profile. Also please verif that the software version is now 3.05.651.5.
I'm also researching this issue and will let know what I find.
I did what you suggested to KevGee and I still have the same problem. The software version I have is the same as the one you mentioned in the post.
In my opinion, this is definitely a Sprint problem that was caused by the latest update.
Looking forward to see a fix from Sprint..