cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happens when I Block, restrict or allow voice calls using My Sprint

Journeyman

Several questions on this.  Do the calls get routed to Voice Mail?  Is there a message to the caller?  If so, what does it say?  Does it just hang up?

I need to block someone and I would like for them to have NO access to me whatsoever. 

This sounds like a Sprint Perk?  Don't make me fall in love with you guys.

23 REPLIES
Master

Block calls are block the call does not go through  caller gets a messages that the call is blocked

If you wish to block a number you can do it on Sprint.com  preferences tab  scroll down to limitations   you will want to block voice calls and text messages.  If they have the email on your device it will still come through to you.  That would have to be blocked through the email providers tools

Re: What Happens when I Block, restrict or allow voice calls using My Sprint

Here is the exact message that you and or the person that is blocked will hear.

Incoming blocked calls hear: You are not authorized to make calls to this number by the account holder. Message 19.

Outgoing blocked calls hear: The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time. Message 18.

Ray

Journeyman

I blocked the number  866-435-1646 several weeks ago.  It is an obnoxious company trying to sell debt consolidation or some such nonsense.  I put it on my blocked voice and text list in Sprint yet I am still gettting calls from them several times per week.  Why?

Wizard

The number is exactly the same each time? Did you confirm that the number is saved in your blocked call list?  If so, send me a private message and I'll see if I can get it added on internally.

Journeyman

For others that are seeing the same issue:  the sprint help topic on how to block calls says to shut your phone off and turn it back on.  the setting should then take effect (takes 15 minutes or so according to the help topic).  I blocked a number yesterday and i was still getting calls from that number today.  i rebooted my phone after reading the full help topic.  I'll post back if that did not help, but my guess is that this was the issue for me. 

Journeyman

Think about it.  Turn the phone off?  That makes no sense whatsoever.  The idea of blocking numbers is so that they get blocked at the server and never hit your phone at all which is the way Google Voice handles it. 

I finally gave up on Sprint solving this. If you have and Android phone, root it and use Call Master.  Problem solved.  Then, since rooted you can delete Nova, NASCAR, Sprint TV and any other useless garbage Sprint forced on you.

Journeyman

MAYBE U HAVE TO PUT THE ONE FIRST....

Journeyman

Make sure to "Add" in preferences after clicking on the Phone number/name...I have 4 so I have to block x 4 to keep the telemarketing calls off our phones!  I just tried to add another number to my daughter's phone (minor)...reached the LIMIT....50....PLEASE SPRINT MAKE IT UNLIMITED as we are all receiving multiple calls/texts to all 4 of our phones (obviously should'nt have used them to VOTE on DWTS)!!!!  This has been my saving grace as our landline ONLY allows 10 blocks...I am constantly on DNC/FTC filing complaints & still the calls come...limiting is really BAD as these telemarketers own thousands of numbers and merely SWITCH to another after I block them.  Please change the 50 calls blocking limit!  Thank you for this feature...I believe ALL phone carriers, cell and landline, should be required to offer this (unlimited) as many of these telemarketers/scammers merely purchase numbers and pester us (even when answering and demanding them STOP calling).

Journeyman

Forgot...after Add and adding the number in the box...make sure to click the SAVE button at the bottom...that's it...it's blocked...I have successfully blocked 50 numbers...just need the limit to be changed to unlimited as we are paying per minute & besides, it's MY phone & I should NOT be subjected to constant unwanted calls trying to sell to/steal from me!