cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Sprint Data?

Journeyman

What is Sprint Data?

I am being charged for 77 mb of sprint data, but I can't find what it is or why I'm being charged. I don't mind being charged as long as I know what it is.

2 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: What is Sprint Data?

Sprint Data typically refers to the kilobytes that you were charged for when you either accessed the web on your device or open an application that needed to be connected to the internet to allow usage. You are charged at a rate of $0.03 per each kilobyte used. The maximum that you are charged in one billing cycle for data usage without a compatible plan or data pack is $75. On most Sprint devices you have the capability to turn on your Net Guard which would display a warning advising that you are connecting to web services if you do happen to access the web. The most infamous means by which you are charged for data without knowing is having a plan that does not include data services but has features included in the plan that may required data. The Everything Messaging plan which includes UNLIMITED PICTURE MAIL generally leads to data charges. The reason is that Sprint has two types of data services, one being Vision Data which leads to casual data rates for those accessing the web without a data plan or data pack. The next type of data is Picture Mail data. This data is only used when sending or recieveing picture mails. To correctly use this type of data and avoid the data charges while on the Everything Messaging plan or any text messaging plan with picture mail is to not access the web when sending pictures. You are generally told that you are required to send your pictures using a text messaging format, meaning you send the picture as you would a text message except that you attached the picture. To recieve picture mails you will need to recieve your image either embedded in the message itself or have the picture reference a link to the sprint picture mail website. Any other means of sending or getting picture mail will lead to valid data charges which are not refunded or credited.

Journeyman

Re: What is Sprint Data?

I have had the everything messaging plan for almost 2 yrs now, and this DATA charge has just now started to show up. It almost seems to me that Sprint is sticking it to us now, and if we should be imbedding our pictures in a text message... when did this take effect? if you know?    My family has been sending and receiving picture messages without this charge until our last billing cycle, has Sprint made a change and if so shouldn't they let their customers know before charging them out the rear?   And we/I were never told to send our pictures through a text message?, and have up till this point never had this charge.     Confused doesn't even began to describe this for me?

Thank you

J. Antovski