cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is 4g lte expected in the St Louis metro area ?

Journeyman

When is 4g lte expected in the St Louis metro area ?

With Softbank purchasing Sprint and Sprint owning 49 percent of Clearwire, what is the reason that I won't have 4g on my Note 2 when I buy it?

21 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: When is 4g lte expected in the St Louis metro area ?

I would love to know this as well!  Any updates, Sprint?

Wizard

SOFTBALLGIRL44,

We are rapidly deploying 4G LTE services nationwide.  The Softbank deal was announced the other week, it will still take a while before it is complete.  Make sure to sign up for the latest LTE deployment information at www.sprint.com/LTE.  Until 4G is available, you will still be able to take advantage of unlimited data on the 3G network.

Thanks,

*David

Journeyman

I gotta say, the lack of even an ETA for LTE here is really frustrating.  If I lived in Athens, TN, I'd soon have LTE, but here in a major metropolitan area we're not even on the list yet?  I gave up my EVO for bright and shiny LTEVO, which unfortunately means that I can't access any 4G network at all right now.  I have a feeling that by the time we get LTE here, my state of the art phone will already be obsolete...

Journeyman

I agree.  Tiny towns are getting it, and there is NO mention of St Louis yet.  We were early on 4g WiMax. I've got the Photon right now with Wimax and have an upgrade waiting, but if I buy a new phone (with LTE), I'll lose my current 4g. 

Sorry David, but generic statements like yours aren't helping us in St Louis.  I too have started looking at AT&T and Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was sold the Galaxy S 3 last year on the premise that 4G LTE is so much faster. When I  went back to the Sprint store to tell them 4G LTE isn't working, they said it would be a few months for the towers to go up. Then a news article in December stated, St. Louis would get 4G LTE around March 2013. Now St. Louis is not even slated with a time frame for 4G LTE.

This is the MAIN feature for the Galaxy S3 !!!

I came so close to going with Verizon or AT&T on my first trip back to the Sprint store.

I gave up 4G for 3G for ??? This is frustrating and disturbing Mr. Sprint ...

I feel like I have been intentionally scammed.

Sprint should offer restitution since its 4G LTE customers in St. Louis are not getting what they pay for every month. And as far as Sprint knows, they don't plan on providing the advertised 4G LTE any time soon.

Lets lower that monthly phone bill for your faithful Sprint customers that bought the latest 4G LTE upgrade in good faith.

Wizard

jrtoastyman,

Thanks for the feedback and we understand the frustration. LTE is a very complex and expensive network architecture that requires a total overhaul of the tower and its 'backhaul' (the high speed transmission cables taking the signal to the switch) and a reallocation of our Nextel and 3G spectrum. We work very hard with muncipalities and federal, state and city government to make this happen in any locale. We are working assidously to not only bring you the service but to also make sure it is dependable and fast and that takes some time to implement. We have our customers in mind always and we will deliver.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Yup, if it's not here in September when my contract is up, I'll be gone.  I gotta think you are bleeding customers in St Louis thanks to this.

Journeyman

I will also be leaving Sprint upon contract termination or earlier if Sprint can't describe a plan for LTE in St. Louis or acknowledge that they have no plan for St. Louis currently.

Journeyman

Same here.  Sorry Sprint, after being your customer since 99 (14 years now) I have experienced:

• The removal of your "Premier" customer benefits program. (goodbye early upgrades),
  • The return and increase of the $36 "activation / phone upgrade fee" (Charging a fee to sign on for another 2 years???)

Now I have had your EVO 4g LTE phone since last September with the store agents promising coverage in Q4 of 2012 or Q1 or 2013 at the latest. This phone is a huge leap BACKWARDS given that it will only ride 3G in Saint Louis.  In all of the SPRINT staff reply's there is still not even a rough estimate of when or IF this upgrade will happen in Saint Louis.

After Q1 2013 I will be calling to end my contract based on Sprint not keeping up its end of what its sales staff is promising  customers in order to move phones and collect "Upgrade" fees.

Its all a shame, I used to be able to brag about Sprints phones, plans, and coverage. These days, I just keep my mouth shut.