cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will 4G LTE be available in Cincinnati area (45069)?

Journeyman

When will 4G LTE be available in Cincinnati area (45069)?

I purchased an iphone 5 in Dec 2012 hoping that I can enjoy the benefits of 4G LTE. But till date, sprint has not been able to give an answer when it would be available. The service sucks, both voice and data. The internet connection is so slow I can not get even a reading on speedtest. So many dropped calls. This is very frustrating.

Is anyone else in 45069 or closeby areas experiencing the same issue? Can a sprint employee chime in and provide some insights and give some clear answers as opposed to vague answers?

19 REPLIES

Re: When will 4G LTE be available in Cincinnati area (45069)?

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having service issues. I found an outage in the zip code you provided. I can dig deeper into this for you. I would need a set of cross streets.

Thank you,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am observing the same lack of 4G with the Galaxy S4 I purchased last week, and live in approximately the same area.  Let's say Tylersville Rd. and Cincinnati-Dayton-Rd. as an intersection (for instance), as I have yet to get 4G on this phone anywhere.  I just retired my Motorola Photon, which *did* have 4G access regularly.

Journeyman

I purchased my Note 2 in November, and I am in the same(ish) boat as you. It is weird that at times my phone states that I have no data, then I found out that they are working on the towers for the updates, and I am figuring that is why, at times, my data messes up for about 5 min. AND I know for a fact that the 4glte is being worked on right now, I have come across some spots along the 75 corridor, closer to downtown, and had some AMAZING speeds. Does it suck that I, we have been paying the extra for the better service? Yes, But it is coming and it is freaking fast.

Journeyman

Is there ANY 4G service in the Cincinnati to Dayton corridor?  My wife and I just got Galaxy4G phones, and they have yet to find a single 4 G signal at home (again 45069, coincidently) or up at work (45433), and there are frequent total drop offs all along I-75.

Journeyman

While the problem persists, I want to send this msg to Sprint loud and clear.

It's unfair for the customer to pay the full amount during this time if you know for sure that there are issues. This thread clearly proves that it's not just me. There are other customers with the same issue. Don't charge me for 4G or LTE when there is not even a stable 3G data.

I ended up talking to 3 "rude" supervisors last week at sprint who said they would still charge me the full amount in spite of  all the data/voice issues. If you don't listen to the customers, you are going to lose them pretty soon. Everyone is just waiting for their contract to end.

Journeyman

Oksure1, I am in the same boat as you. The difference is that 4G LTE devices are not backwards compatible with Sprint's standard 4G (a.k.a. "4G WiMAX") network service. 4G LTE is better, but we don't have the network service here yet anywhere in or around Cincinnati so it does us no good having state of the art smart phone technology around here right now. In fact, Sprint has yet to roll out 4G LTE service anywhere in Ohio or Kentucky for that matter, but does have coverage in most of the larger cities in Indiana. So I hate to say it but you'd actually get better service (4G / 4G WiMAX) in our area right now with an older 4G phone such as your old Photon or a Galaxy S2. I live in the same general area as you do and only get 3G connectivity with my Galaxy S3, and the same would hold true for any of Sprint's 4G LTE devices such as the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, or the iPhone 5. So unless you've been waiting for a reason to travel to Indy, we'll all have to either wait for Sprint to roll out 4G LTE service in Cincinnati or switch providers to get the better and faster service now plus suffer whatever contractual penalties and / or stipulations may be in place between you and Sprint for terminating the contract...

Here is the simplest list of Sprint's 4G LTE enabled cities I have found:

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/4g/4g_lte_coverage_list.html

You can narrow the coverage areas down further by going to: http://coverage.sprint.com/

Click on the "Data" tab, click on "Sprint 4G LTE", search on "Cincinnati, OH" and the lack of orange on the map shows us we have no Sprint 4G LTE service around here.

You can also keep an eye open for updates at http://newsroom.sprint.com/ and the set the News Releases filter to "Network". It would be nice if Sprint would release an estimated time line for providing 4G LTE service here in Cincinnati, but I'm not holding my breath.

Journeyman

I Was in a parking lot near my home in Brunswick, near Cleveland, trying to get something downloaded to my phone and I saw LTE instead of 3G on my iPhone 5.  I got excited, but was unable to duplicate the LTE after that.  Was wondering if Sprint was testing in my area.  One can only hope.  I must say I was disappointed when I found out my iPhone was only 4G LTE compatible.

Journeyman

If any wants to know where 4G LTE or any coverage is try www.sensorly.com and pick Sprint-4G as carrier

Journeyman

I saw the same thing on my phone about 4 or 5 days before I started seeing towers go live here in Tampa.