cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will 4G LTE be available in Cincinnati area (45069)?

Journeyman

Re: When will 4G LTE be available in Cincinnati area (45069)?

That's not accurate. Sprint has Lte tower live in Kentucky and Ohio.  The best way to see were the towers are is to download a app called (sensory). You can pick your carrier and it will give you an upto date map of coverage. And it's a free app .

Journeyman

Guess I stand corrected on my previous post, since I was going by Sprint's own public information. Thanks to those of you for steering me over to sensorly.com, which is a pretty cool site and accompanying mobile app. Still the 4G LTE coverage for the Cincinnati area is very sparse and spotty at best. Currently the Northeast quadrant outside the I-275 loop has absolutely nothing for Sprint 4G LTE. And there is absolutely nothing in or around the greater Dayton area where I spend a good deal of time. I was at Great American Ball Park last night with a friend who has a Galaxy S2 and he had a 4G connection while my Galaxy S3 still only had a 3G connection (and yes my phone is set for LTE / CDMA mode).

Most of the areas that sensorly reports as having the 4G LTE coverage around Cincinnati are places I am typically driving through on the Interstates where I'm too busy keeping my eyes on the road rather than glancing down at my phone. Next time I am in that area around town, I'll have to swing by the Ikea or off Western Tylersville Rd to see if I get a 4G connection out that way. Hopefully 4G LTE becomes available to a much wider area and soon.

Journeyman

Here in the Tampa market has taken them about 7 months to get about 60% done. If that helps you. I'm glad they finally started in Ohio, I go up to Barberton every year to visit family.

The service issues caused by tower upgrades should be minimal. We are working as fast as quality will allow in order to get this finished and start providing better services with our updated towers.

We do no charge for 4G. There is a charge for having a Smartphone active on a line, but it's not for LTE or 4G.

Thank you,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do have sensorly. To be fair, I see "some" LTE signal in my area. I saw in other forums that LTE signal is stronger in Hyde Park area. I did confirm this by going there. The speed is amazing!

I hope sprint completes the upgrade in 45069 soon!

Journeyman

if you want the most up to date info on what sprint is doing go to WWW.S4GRU.COM that has the largest and most up to date info on sprints LTE/NV rollout if you want the most up to date maps all they ask for is a small donation to become a sponsor and you will see GPS coords of every tower around you and which ones have been updated to NV which ones have been updated with 3G NV 4G NV 3G/4G NV and the holy grail of voice coverage for sprint which towers have been updated with the old nextel spectrum the 800 voice coverage

Journeyman

Sprint has gave me the same excuse for dropped calls not service I have a Samsung s3 and I have the same issues.  Sprint will not give us a date or anything when I purchased my phone I was told by the man selling me the phone that service would be available around the end of the summer. Now I'm told the same crap as you are being told in I'm 45236 and was told to buy a an 126.00 device in order to have service but its only my s3 bc my s2 works just fine. Sprint will not help ive heard it all and i use to love sprint but now ive seen there true colors i even had my boyfriends family switch to sprint..

Journeyman

i know right they tell me the same thing every time i ask lte has been out for a grip now they sell phones and say they got it when they don't question is why buy a lte phone when they dont provide it that is why im thinking about just going else where

Journeyman

Hey Ivan,

Quit trying to BS customers...You've earned $10 a month and masking it with a "Smartphone" fee to use those funds to build the 4G LTE network.  Please don't play dumb with intelligent consumers like the people on here, it is really insulting.  Call it whatever fee you want, but this joke of a 4 G LTE rollout in your largest market is nothing short of a debacle, much like the ObamaCare website...and once a good attorney figures it out, you will pay.

I assure you that this is not what I'm doing. I have the highest repect for your intelligence. I would be happy to explain the 10 dollar charge that is added to a line when a Smartphone is added to it. The average basic phone uses much, much less data than a smartphone. That part is rather obvious. And in order to keep our data truly unlimited, we offset the cost of the additional data that a smartphone can go through with the Premium Data fee. This ensures that we can continue to provide the freedom to use as much data on that line as the customer would like. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Ivan

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.