cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does sprint network coverage SUCK SO BAD?

Journeyman

Why does sprint network coverage SUCK SO BAD?

I can't get service anywhere in Miami.  It's constantly looking for signal and draining my battery.  If I have a small signal every page takes 5 mins to load.  The apps on my phone are always having to force close too.  I wish I could get out of this contract, what am I even paying for?  It's illegal to advertise a service and not provide it.   I read you said to post your zip and cross streets and you'll check the towers there.  That's a load of crap.  But here you go: 33133 17&Bayshore.  33149 Rickenbacker and Virginia Key beach drive.  Now I'll wait for nothing to happen. 

24 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Why does sprint network coverage SUCK SO BAD?

welcome to the new LTE = Lies to Everyone network! dont worry renew again and again and again, improvments are coming hold tight till you squeeze the life out your soul lol.

Journeyman

So no one from customer service is going to even respond to me?!?!? Screenshot_2013-05-06-11-56-54.png

Here's the results of the speed test so you can see how terrible the service really is.  I'd like to know how to get out of this contract so I can switch to a cell provider that actually provides service.  Please Tell me how to do so. 

Journeyman

Sprint doesnt care. Way out of contract. Wait till a TOS change. They will Hide this. When they change the TOS (Terms of service) you have 30 days to get out of contract. They will be VERY sneaky about it and it will be hidden. This message will prob be deleted as they dont want people to know this.

Hope this helps. Like you, many of us fell for the unlimited useless data. Go verizon, or ATT. Heck i heard MetroPC, has good service and 4g lte. Do some homework before signing another contract. Do not allow sprint to tell you its you phone. People have changed phones only to realize they got stuck in another 2yr contract with the same service.

Journeyman

Dont be fooled by metro pcs. There are dead zones in the middle of St. Petersburg and there 3g is worse than Sprint.  I switched to Sprint from metro.  The 4g  from metro was slower than my photon 4g phone (wimax). I would never recommend anyone to stay with a cell provider that doesn't meet your needs, but definitely do your homework.

Journeyman

THe same issue in San Antonio, I had a faster service with the old dial up services years ago, this is unbelievable.

Journeyman

I live right outside of Dallas and it says I have 3G but it is unusable!!! So slow and called Sprint to complain and got the same old crap that they are working on the towers. Can I keep the phone if I cancel my contract early? Why am I paying for service that doesn't even work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just gave this story to Sprint customer service and THEY DONT CARE.

We've had sprint for over 10 years and up till a couple years ago it was fine.  Now we get horrible to no data and barely a cell signal at the house.  I've already canceled one line and moved to Verizon which is about 10000 times better.  I was hoping to get sprint to waive the early termination fee but they refuse.  Got the usual "upgrades are planned in your area".

At this point I'm going to pay the early termination fee because we have a UNUASBLE phone and need to get on Verizon so we can actually get what we pay for.  I think if I was working a sprint I'd start looking for a new job.  No company can stay afloat doing business like this.

Journeyman

SPRINT... take heed, you will have no customers in short time if you dont do something. YOUR NETWORK SUCKS and phones that are fine on other networks are unusable on yours. Deploying a 4GLTE network that barely puts you in the 3G speed range will not be enough. I have written to execs and they dont care. Their resolution was to give me an OG Evo 4G, a 4 year old phone that operates on a network technology you are abandoning.

If you cant figure out how to pass the data, then dont call it a "Premium data fee" and give people their money back. This is borderline criminal at this point. Luckily, you never guaranteed speed. And you never guaranteed usability.

Journeyman

I definitely agree. I used to love sprint. I live in Illinois and literally my entire family can't go anywhere without losing service or roaming. screw you sprint