cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worse coverage

Highlighted
Journeyman

Worse coverage

connecting to sprint through the sprint zone app, checking coverage updates through the cities option and not finding my city as a choice doesn't bode well in keeping my service with sprint... ive never enjoyed great service at my home but a year ago when upgrades to towers in my area were initially done,  my 1-2 bars increased to 2-3 bars and rarely 4, yay!   but in the last month or so it has reverted to the shitty service i had normally had for the 12 years at this location,  which also has never had wimax available even though i pay that $10 smartphone fee every month.  t-mobile agent says i can use wifi for calls...  ok so my question: does sprint offer or will offer wifi calling?

Message was edited by: 14 iron
ok,  some implied questions in the above post that i don't expect to be answered but... 1)  when will albany, ny. be listed as an option in the cities choice (vs location)  when looking for coverage updates.  2)  why has coverage gotten worse at my locatio.   3) can sprint do anything to keep me as a 20-plus year customer?, lol.

10 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Worse coverage

14iron,

Thank you for the post.  Being originally from upstate I understand how frustrating it is that Albany doesn't get enough respect; hardly anyone outside of New York even realizes that it's the capital. With that being said Albany, Schenectady & Troy get lumped into the Upstate NY East market along with Syracuse.  So when looking for coverage updates specific to Albany your best bet is to check www.sprint.com/network and look up your area by zip code.

Wimax is a thing of the past and the ten dollar data fee is for any type of data (you are not charged more for 4G).  When using wifi for calls watch that you don't get charged additionally for that.  You may look in to a third party app like google voice and grooveip to see what is the best fit for you.

I'm sorry to hear about how the coverage has gotten worse for you.  If you give me your cross streets as well as your closest cross streets I will check the coverage for you and see if I can pinpoint why the coverage has gotten worse for you and see what we can do for a long time customer.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

hi michael c.,  old myers dr.  &  sand creek rd.  is nearest intersection,  other close intersections are sand creek rd.  & everett rd.,  sand creek rd.  &  russel rd.

Journeyman

Poor lack of customer service.agreed WORSE SIGNAL COVERAGE EVERRRRRRRRRRR..thnk  goodness there are other phone companys

Message was edited by: YPOWELL87

Wizard

14iron,

Thanks for the reply. The tower that serves the Old Myers Drive and Sand Creek Road vicinity is 0.7 miles to the south. The specific tower has shown good coverage but has been erratic since Thursday evening at about 10pm.  Another local tower in the area has ticket # 1649585 open for intermittent service and it seems that the issues from the neighboring tower are cascading through the area.  The techs are addressing the main issue and once that is contained your service should be restored to normal.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Wizard

YPOWELL87,

Thanks for the feedback. Right now we are overhauling our network throughout the nation to make the voice quality clearer, the data faster and the overall service more reliable.  These upgrades will not happen overnight but the improvements to our network will last for years to come.

We are doing quite a bit to make sure that we don't just overhaul our entire network but that we do it right.  As I'm sure you already know, we shut down the nationwide Nextel network and will be adding many of those towers to our already vast arsenal of towers.  We also just merged with Softbank to ensure that we have the financial stability to not only overhaul our entire network through our Network Vision program (http://tinyurl.com/pbkbebk) but to maintain our newly modernized towers for years to come.

There are other companies out there and that is why we are differentiating our brand by renovating our network from coast to coast, making use of the number of towers that we have and available bandwidth, ensuring our financial stability and keeping our monthly plans affordable and unlimited (http://tinyurl.com/procqcz).

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

dude,  then why aren't you on those other carriers forums? B-)

Journeyman

hi again,  just reminded of another/similar issue...  sending txts ftom the stock app have sometimes resulted in error message.  just another annoying thing adding to the frustration.

GrandMaster

people like to throw stuff like that out as if its some kind of threat that they will leave if they are not pampered or immediate help isnt given..*shrug*

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

14iron wrote:

hi again,  just reminded of another/similar issue...  sending txts ftom the stock app have sometimes resulted in error message.  just another annoying thing adding to the frustration.

texts are sent using the same antenna as your phone calls. are you having issues with calls as well? dropped calls or getting the busy sound?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************