cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block calls and texts to specific numbers

Journeyman

block calls and texts to specific numbers

I would like to know if the person who uses the phone (that the block is placed on) will receive any prior notification (via text, email or whatever) that the account holder has put this block on the phone? Ex: when i added the Family Locator trial, it sent a text out to all 4 lines on my account. This is what I do NOT want to happen. I just want to block a couple of numbers from one of the lines on my account from any access but do not want the person who uses that line to know that it has been blocked....until they try to call or text that is.

41 REPLIES
Master

Re: block calls and texts to specific numbers

No notifications are sent. They get a message that the person is unavailable or a text failure when they try to send.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

not true i blocked a number and when they call me it says The person you are trying to call has you blocked

Highlighted

This is the message you will get when you have a phone number blocked for incoming and outgoing text:

Sending a message from the phone may return:
You are not allowed to send text messages: Msg 2120.

Senders to the blocked number receive message:
The recipient you are sending to has chosen to not receive messages: Msg 2111.

This is the message you will get when blocking a number for incoming and outgoing calls:

Incoming callers from a blocked phone number hear:
The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time. Message 18.

Outgoing calls to a blocked phone number receive message:
You are not authorized to make calls to this number by the account holder. Message 19.

Journeyman

Yes, they will recieve a message! I attempted to block texts from one specific number on the other phone on my account and they got a message stating all incoming and outgoing texts to (xxx) xxx-xxxx have been blocked.

Community Manager

Teresa.m.collins,

Do you mean that they got an immediate notification?  It's my understanding that the message doesn't show up until the person tries to text or call.

*Christy

Sprint Social Cares

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

Have a question about your Sprint Service? Feel free to create a discussion in the appropriate space.
Did you get the help you needed? Be sure to mark the answer an "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

They got notification within a minute or so. After I blocked the number online, the person on my account called me about it within 3mins.

Wizard

Teresa.m.collins,

That seems strange. Was the person that you blocked someone that you communicate with frequently via text? Is it possible that they sent you a text shortly after you added the block?

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have a number blocked on my phone 504-865-6696 that has been on the list for months and they were able to get through. How does this happen? I just removed it and re-added it.

Wizard

mesabassman,

Thanks for the post. Not too sure how that happened. If removing and re-adding does not work for you. Please PM so I can try to add that info for you on my end. Thanks!

Sean L

Social Care

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.