cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel my sprint account.

Journeyman

cancel my sprint account.

I need to cancel my sprint account for the next few years.

46 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: cancel my sprint account.

cruzer,

What is going on to make you want to cancel your account? I’m here for you and want to help! If you have questions of concerns please let me know!

I also don’t want to not answer your question. You will need to dial *2 from your Sprint phone or (888) 211-4727 and follow the prompts. Please also know that we do not prorate our last month of service.

Early Termination Feehttp://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_about_Early_Termination_Fee/case-sp061027-20110823-1...

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team
Tuesday-Saturday 1-10pm mst.

Journeyman

I also would like to know how to cancel my account! My contract is up tomorrow 11-16-13 and I am done with Sprint!! Been a loyal customer for 8 years  and it has always been a pain in the butt to deal with not to mention the service in and around my home is terrible and  has not gotten any better in the  years we have lived at this location. Can't make a call to cancel, can not just find a simple way to email, the "chat" service never seems to work and if it does the issue never gets resolved and here I am having to reply to someone else post because I do not feel like wasting anymore time tryin to figure it out on my own. And of course you don't prorate the last month. I waited till today to cancel because I was worried i was going to get slammed with the outrageous ETF.

Scott

Journeyman

thats smart cause sprint will most definitely find a way to charge u

Journeyman

How do I cancel

Master

SCOTTS96GT,

Thanks for posting and taking the time  to reach out to us here on Sprint community! What's been going on to have you looking elsewhere? Let me know I am here to help!

Lucia
Social Care

Journeyman

Yes, how the heck do I cancel my account? My contract is up and my bill is fully paid - I even paid the $400.00 overage charges that were not my fault but the result of Sprint's malfunction Overdrive device. Sprint is a royal pain in the @$$ for me as well. I want nothing more that to leave this company and go to AT&T, T-mobile, or almost anywhere else. It will be an upgrade no matter what I choose because this experience with customer service has been horrendous.

Its funny that I can do almost anything to increase my charges on the Sprint website, but not a darn thing I can do to actually leave it. Is Sprint so insecure and paranoid to do everything it can to 'lock' you into their system by trying every immature trick in the book.

My advice to all you current subscribers is to ride out your contract for as long as you have to and the the heck out of here. The longer you stay here, the more headache you are just going to have to deal with.

Master

fkkong, 

Thanks for reaching out to us and posting your comments. We're sorry to hear of the issues that you have experienced. For customers who utilize a connection card, we do send alerts to notify them when they have reached 75% their plan usage and when they reach that limit; they must accept a notification that's sent to them, in order to continue with their usage for the remainder of their bill cycle. Did you receive any of these notifications?

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Yes, I did receive the notifications, but no I did not get to "accept" them. They were just sent to me via email. On the night of 11/18/13, my account had somehow downloaded 15gb in 6 hours. Here is the exact break down of the times and the amount of data that was moving through my account that night:

2:08pm - 4.9gb

4:08pm - 4.4gb

6:07pm - 5gb

I even called Sprint to tell them something was going on with my account and massive amounts of data was being downloaded but not by me. They just said that they have noted it and that a manager would get back to me in the morning. They never once asked me if I would "accept" these notifications and if I would like to continue the with my usage during my cycle. If they did, I would have "NO! Please turn off my data usage immediately". Instead, took out the battery and the sim chip in the device that night. And if you go back to look at the month of December, you'll notice that I have not used 1 mb of my account. Would you like to know why? Is because I DON'T TRUST Sprint or the Overdrive device anymore!

I have been a customer of Sprint with this account for 3 years with a 6 gb limit/month. I have never gone over and always paid my account. In short, I have been a good an loyal customer for 3 years. Then on that night of 11/18/13, I get overage charges that are obviously not inline with what I have been doing for the past 3 years. I live in the SF, Bay Area where there is free WiFi everywhere. My Overdrive was my back up in case I needed. If I was going to download 15gb, don't you think I would have just gone to a free WiFi location instead of saying, "I think I'll blow 1 entire year's worth of subscription in 6 hours because its worth the $400 of overage charges." My Overdrive is password protected so I know this was not anything to do with my practices. Somewhere, somehow, someone has used 15gb on my account and I never benefited from a mb of that data. And all Sprint could say to me was, "Well, you're on that end and I'm on this end, and I'm sorry, but that's the way it is." The representative's name was Vince and his Sprint ID number is 9634. He's part of your support group located in the Philippines and is with Sprint Finance and Escalations.

I think its pretty clear now why I don't trust Sprint anymore. This was your device, your responsibility to work correctly. I kept my end of the agreement and was a loyal paying consistent customer. Then in 6 hours something happens that is completely out of line with my past patterns of usage, but Sprint sees it as a way to cash in on an opportunity. If I had used the 15gb, I would have happily paid the $400 because that is my responsibility. But as it is not, I've gone ahead and paid the $400 overage charge that is NOT my responsibility and leaving an obviously scandalous, self-serving, opportunistic, predatory institution that fronts itself as a "Provider of wireless service". To me, Sprint is no different than a mugger and a thief.

Journeyman

8 years? I have smartly decided that after over 14 years, I would like to cancel as well.  I just can't take the crazy charges.  I have 4 lines and my bill averages over $350 a month AND  I am grandfathered into their "best plans".  I have a barely working S2 that I do not want to pay another $100 deductible to have replaced with a refurbished piece of garbage, especially since it is obsolete.  I just read an article that said that two year contract cell phones are one of the top ten worst buys for 2014 along with landlines and cable tvhttp://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-things-not-buy-2014-124030371.html

But I refuse to let Sprint have a dime it didn't earn so I am going to cancel the lines as I hit the contract ends.  I have two coming up in August.  Do you know that if you have only 1 month left on your contract and you cancel they charge $100, because as they stated earlier in this thread, they don't pro-rate.  BUT if you go one day over, you are on the hook for a whole other month of service.  After all these years!!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.