cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

family plan

Journeyman

family plan

I Have the simply everything family plan. My mom has the individual simply everything plan and just renewed her 2 year contract after getting the iPhone 5 this past November.  If she wants to switch to my family plan does she have to pay the termination fee of her contract?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: family plan

Dear irap9012,

Great question! You can change plans on your account without any contract impact. I need a little bit more information please. Is your mom on your account or on her own? How many lines do you have on your famly plan currently? Let me know and then we can proceed with how or if we can do this for you.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks for the response, she has her own account, which she renewed in November after upgrading her phone. I have two on my plan currently and was told I could have up to 5 lines

Highlighted
Master

You can do a "Change of Ownership" to get her line transferred to your account, there would be no termination fee, her contract end date and upgrade eligible date would remain the same.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Customer_Instructions_for_Change_of_Ownership/2a4c5654-b64...

Journeyman

Dear Irap012,

Levi is correct with the information he porvided. This option is also called a Transfer of liability. The other option would be for both you and your mom to go to a Sprint Store and they can help you walk through the steps. If you download the paperwork and filled it out ahead of time that will make it faster for you once you get to the store. Here is the link: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Customer_Instructions_for_Change_of_Ownership/2a4c5654-b64....

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. We are here to assist you.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Levi4u,

Thanks so much for helping! Great Info.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.