cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need to change my number

Journeyman

i need to change my number

i need to change my phone number and make sure no body is able to access my account

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: i need to change my number

natbel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We will be happy to provide you with instructions on how to change your phone number and block access to your account.

To change your number please see below:

To change your phone number on sprint.com:

1. Sign in to sprint.com with your username and password
  2. Click the My Preferences tab
  3. Click Change Phone Number
  4. Select the phone number you wish to change.
  5. Select one of the following options: o I need a new phone number in the same areao I need a different area code for this phoneo I am moving and need to change my billing address and phone number
  6. Select Next.

To keep your current area code and change your phone number:

1. Click I need a new phone number in the same area
  2. Agree to the Terms on the following page and click Continue to change your phone number.
  3. Your new phone number will display.

Your phone will need to be programmed with your new phone number. Many of our phones program automatically over the air on our network. If your phone number does not program automatically, you will need to manually enter information to complete programming. See the Important section below for more info. To request a new area code:

1. Click I need a different area code for this phone
  2. Specify if you'd like to change the service address and change your area code, or only request a new area code. o If you do not want to update the service address, enter the desired area code and prefix or ZIP code and click Next.o If you'd like to update the service address, enter the address of the location that the phone will be used the most and click Save & Continue.
  3. Based on the information entered, the system will generate area codes available. If multiple area codes are listed, choose an area code and click Next.
  4. Agree to the Terms on the following page and click Continue to get a new area code.
  5. The new area code will display.

Your phone will need to be programmed with your new phone number. Many of our phones program automatically over the air on our network. If your phone number does not program automatically, you will need to manually enter information to complete programming. See the Important section below for more info. If you are moving and would like to update your billing address AND phone number:

1. Select I am moving and need to change my billing address and phone number
  2. Enter new billing address and click Save & continue
  3. Based on the billing address entered, new area codes may be available. Select your area code and click Continue.
  4. Agree to the Terms on the following page and click Continue to get your new phone number and area code.
  5. Your new phone number and area code will display.

IMPORTANT:
Your phone will need to be programmed with your new phone number. Many of our phones program automatically over the air on our network.

1. Turn on your phone.
  2. Wait a minute and then try to make a phone call. If you succeed, you are done.

If you cannot make a phone call, you will need to manually enter the information below to complete programming:

1. Master lock code
    2. New phone number
    3. MSID(IMSI)

It may take up to 72 hours for the new phone number to display for Caller ID. Please wait 15 minutes for your new number to appear on sprint.com.

If you still cannot make calls after manual programming your phone, please chat with an agent at www.sprint.com/chat or call us at 888-211-4727 for programming assistance.

To change you user name and password for you Sprint.com account, please see below:

1. Sign in to sprint.com with a valid username and password
  2. Click the My preferences tab
  3. Click on the Change display name, username or password link
  4. Edit the username or password in the appropriate fields, and then click Save
    • If changes were successful, the following confirmation message will display: "Thank you! We've saved your changes".

Please let us know if you have any additional questions?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

HOW DO I PROGRAM IT

Wizard

aharris_22,

Thanks for getting back to us. We can help! You can try to just power off your phone for 10 seconds and then power it back on to see if the over the air program will just kick in. If that does not work, provide us with your phone model and we will provide instructions to do so.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care