cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S, Dropped Calls, Calls Failed, No Reception

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S, Dropped Calls, Calls Failed, No Reception

I have iPhone 4S 16GB, iOS 6.1.3. About 3 days ago I started getting dropped calls (Screen Says "Call Failed"), I'm in Kent WA 98032. Borderline Renton WA. Nearest Intersection is (East Valley Hwy & S 184th St)

I went to Sprint today at Southcenter and described the problem and they sent me to Apple Store at Southcenter Mall. Apple replaced my phone. As soon as i got home/close to home, SIGNAL LOSS!

I've never had problems here or in this area with my iPhone or Sprint Signal until about 3 days ago.

I searched online and found others who have the same problem and new postings within the last few days to months but in different areas.

Someone else close to me posted same problems but it was last year at this time of year.

8 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S, Dropped Calls, Calls Failed, No Reception

Yes, I have sprint as well. I use it for work and have to go outside to place or take a call. So much for the unlimited data as well, when you can never browse because of the poor signal. Im getting ready to take my phones back to the Sprint store, since they are failing to keep up with my needs. I should have stayed with AT&T.

Wizard

Hi Hardhatmac206,

Thanks for your post. I sincerely apologize for the service issues you are currently experiencing and I am happy to assist you further. Based on the zip code and cross streets you provided, I was able to determine there was a recent outage on you nearby tower. A ticket was opened 05/08/2013 and closed on 05/14/2013. Since repairs were recently completed on said tower, it's suggested that you power cycle your device. Then power the device on and dial ##UPDATE# + Call. his will update your profile and PRL's and ensure your device is properly synced to the network. Please keep us posted on the results.

Thank You.

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I've been having an unreasonable amount of dropped calls from my house (Zip 52748) which is about 3-4 miles from your tower.  When I'm on other towers I don't seem to have a problem.  What is going on?  This has been going on for about three months but has gotten really bad recently.

Journeyman

I've been getting constant dropped calls, too.  I moved from 92692 (where I had experienced maybe 2 dropped calls in my 9 years living there) to 92646 where I now get CONSTANT dropped calls. Yesterday, in a 30 minute conversation on my phone with someone, my call got dropped 3 times. It takes forever to receive or send data. I can't begin to express my anger and frustration with Sprint right now. They're as bad as AT&T used to be.

I need this to be fixed, Sprint. All of your customers need this to be fixed. What's the issue? I pay $80. a month for unlimited data and I don't feel that I'm getting the service that I'm paying for. What data? I'm lucky if I can send a text message from my home. Nationwide coverage? How can you say I'm truly covered when my calls drop? Again, what's the issue? When is it going to be fixed/corrected?

Journeyman

my services suck wont let me get on internet even with full bars and wont let me connect calls and keeps dropping calls even after their troubleshooting steps were done and they still wont disconnect services with etf fees even when im only able to use services when im connected to wifi signal

Journeyman

I live in zip 76137 and have the same issues with no service, dropped calls, etc. for the last 3 months actually since I switched to the Unlimited Data Plan. My sister lives in zip 85248 and my Mom lives in zip 86301.  We all have the same issue and it started with the Unlimited Data Plan.  I have had Sprint for over 15 years and have never experienced anything like this before.  What's going on and how/when does it get resolved?

Journeyman

For the past year, my whole family has trouble using their phones in our home.  We get failed calls throughout our house.  My husband relies on his smartphone for work and we miss emails and calls because of the poor service at home not to mention driving around the Austin, TX area.  We live in 78665.  Has there been an outage for the past year??  We are just waiting out our contract to change carriers.  Its ridiculous.

Journeyman

Same thing here and I can't take it anymore!  I'm at Broward and Nob Hill 33324 and even when I travel downtown to work, its the same thing.  I have called sprint numerous times and I hear the same store that they are upgrading.  How is this legal to keep me in contract with no phone service?!  I can't even use the phone in my home.  I am livid.  Updating the PRL did not work.  We need answers!  I need to use my phone!!!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.