cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4s will not make/receive calls or texts (sms). Help!

Journeyman

iphone 4s will not make/receive calls or texts (sms). Help!

my iPhone 4s has just in the past day stopped being able to make or receive phone calls or sms texts. my iMessage will work, if i am able to connect to wifi, but nothing else.

i've tried resetting the network settings, i've turned it on and off, i've spoken to a customer rep at sprint who was trying to troubleshoot for me. i was finally being transfered to a tech and then the call was dropped. called back (from a friend's phone) and call was lost another 3 times. i became so frustrated that i decided to try to get some help here.

anyone? i'm super frustrated and have no idea what to do.

thanks in advance!

jen

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: iphone 4s will not make/receive calls or texts (sms). Help!

I have the same issue right now at MIAMI FLORIDA... SAME PHONE!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds like what happen to me

Do you have a macbook?

did you try to connect iMessage with your iPhone?

Have a friend try to send you a text using a non apple iDevice see if it goes through if it does

On Your IPhone

1. Go to Settings

Scroll Down Find

2. Messages

is iMessage on or off? make sure its on your going to have to activiate it

if it still doesn't work Call Apple

(800) MY-IPHONE (800-694-7466)

jdandfirefly76,

I understand your frustration, and I'll do what I can to resolve your issue. What is the zip code and main cross streets where you use Sprint service? There may be an outage in your area. Attempt to send a text message to your own 10-digit phone number to see if that goes through also.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

same problem here

Im in NJ. and I cannot send non iPhone texts or make/receive calls, have sprint

Journeyman

.... my zip is 08094. I have tried the ## update call and it didnt fix the problem.  I also rebooted my phone three times with no help.

I CAN send and receive iPhone to iPhone messages tho. And my internet works.

The two problems I am having are making and receiving calls AND texting to non iPhones.

Journeyman

I'm in Jersey as well and the same here.  In 08085 and cannot make or receive calls or texts.  Only my family doesn't have iPhones so it's obviously a network issues not exclusive to them.  I have an EVO ONE/ LTE, my wife has a Samsung S3 and my son an EVO 3D.  We are in 3 different locations but they are within 7 miles of home and have the same issue.    Again, no voice or text, yet MMS and data works but the signal is very low and it is waaaaayyyyy slower than normal.  Been this way for a few hours now. 

Journeyman

I cant make a call or text either!! Its making me so mad. i am able to get internet here and their but it goes away . but calling or texting wont happen at all!! please help !! someone! iphone 4s 90201 zipcode in Bell Gardens, CA