1) Google didn't say it was SN related. You did. Saying Local is related to social networking is like saying my keyboard is related to the RAM in my computer.
2) I didn't say anything about Sprint controlling Google's updates. Irrelevant red herring.
1. It deals with issues local to you (social) and Google obviously feels it is SN related as they put it into Google+, a social-networking community. That's good enough for me to consider Local places and events specifically near you to be considered social-networking related and that you may want to utilize Google+ to talk about them with friends, Google seems to agree.
2. Not a red herring. I was not detracting from the issue at hand or leading anyone towards a false conclusion. I was stating the fact that Google controls the updates. Users here often seem to be express the feeling every app update related to a built-in app is updated by Sprint. I'm jumping ahead of those posts that will undoubtedly come up. Sprint has absolutely no control over Google App updates, they are the ones you need to talk to about it, not Sprint. Sorry for trying to correct assumptions peopel tend to make in a public forum.
1) Fallacy of equivocation.
2) Red Herring in that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand and is made as a poor attempt to further justify your invalid argument.
if youre able to breeze over to the SAG area and you'll see a screen shot i posted lol..still takes me to the right address..but in a EXTREMELY backwards route lol. soon as i uninstalled the updates and tested navigation out again it routed me the correct way minus that extra 10 minute scenic route the other one sent me.
this is what i ment by it sent me on the oddest backwards scenic routes it could find..you'll also see that its pretty obvious what route it should have sent me to hop back on the highway lol..i re did the test 3 times with the new set up and all 3 sent me this route..navigation once back sent me directly to the highway and not that backwards route the other one did..
Local has nothing to do with social networking (about a total useless and foolish concept IMHO). Just because I want to find places that are near where I happen to be does not mean I want to use any of the myriad of horrid and anti-social social networking programs. Not at all related.
So tell Google that, they are the ones that change the Google Apps and adjust them accordingly. After the major Gmail update a month or so ago that brought the new layout, people were complaining on Google's communities about the lack of an easy delete option. The next update brought about an easy delete button being added. Sprint does not control Google app updates, they are identical across all Android devices worldwide and are handled by Google on their own.
i must be a update behind or something..my gmail isnt exactly easy to delete multiple messages lol..i'll have to mess with it again tonight to see what im bypassing here.
OMG .. I just got to Detroit, grabbed my navigation icon and it is now somthing different and doesn't work. The damn google map thing can't identify my location but everyone seems to be able to ... So I almost ended up in Canada. Detroit is not a city that I want to be lost in, right now. Do they really think it's ok to risk my life with application updates that do not work ????
Very pissed off at Sprint right now, and this is my first post in the 8 years I have been a customer.
sprint has nothing to do with google updates..if it was from sprint it would have been an update pushed to everyone...the google maps deal was pushed through the google play store..i uninstalled the update then re installed it and it seems to be working fine now with their new set up..one thing i found weird was someone mentioned the Scout app..i could have sworn it was on my phone when i first picked it up..now i cant seem to find it..was going to try that one out and see how it worked out but no go it seems.
Sprint is changing GPS nav, depending on your phone you'll have to now pay a fee for turn by turn. http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_mo
to be honest since they did that last update and added it into google maps i no longer like it..its nothing like it used to be..i opted to use Scout instead and have been pretty pleased with it..
i DO however find it to be odd that out of the list of HTC phones it doesnt show the One...all the other phones though...typo maybe?