cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unlimited Sprint 3G Data Roaming"

SOLVED
Journeyman

"Unlimited Sprint 3G Data Roaming"

Hi, My question is, I see in my usage history that I have "Unlimited" data roaming but it says "Sprint 3G Data roaming" As far as I am aware when you are Data roaming you are not on SPRINTS network, It seems fishy they named it this way. If I roam while I am at work for basic web browsing and an occasional youtube video that a friend texts me a link to, Am I going to get in trouble with Sprint? I have always been a sprint customer and love there network. Any help is appreciated.

16 REPLIES
Master

Re: "Unlimited Sprint 3G Data Roaming"

What it means is we do not charge for any data roaming.  Data roaming is limited to 300MB per month  if you go over there is not charge if you continually go over the 300mb limit, you would receive notification about this and asked to change your usage pattern  if it continued  sprint would have the right to  terminated the service.

Journeyman

You should not worry about your Sprint close your account. I roan 1GB last month and 14GB this month. I am still don't have any problem yet.

Journeyman

If sprint terminates someone because of going over the data roaming limit would they have to pay the early termination fee? Also would the terminated customer be able to port their phone number to another provider?

Journeyman

so does that mean we wont get charged to use the roaming because i have mine of and i have unlimted everything

Master

We do not charge for data roaming if you go over the data limit all the time  Sprint has the right to terminate the account.

Journeyman

Does Sprint have any plans to start providing alerts when customers are close to reaching the "unlimited roaming" limit?

Journeyman

yes and beware i have been with sprint for 10+ years and pay all my bills online. i have three phones on 1 plan and the other day they cut off the third line. i never recieved any notice and the funny part is the phone they cut off i have the parental lock turned on for my son he cant even use the browser. i called in and was told i was more than welcome to take my phone number to a new carrier if i didnt like the service i was recieving as if my 260 doller a month bill i pay them is a privalage to me. was the rudest i have ever been treated by a company of this size and from what i am reading i am far from the only one. Therefore i feel no empathy for you in the future when i will no doubt see your company fail long term if you continue to treat what should be valued customers as myself with this lack of respect. as soon as i find which other company i want to try after 10+ years with you i will be taking the advice i got on the phone from your friendly customer service rep and switching. Good day sir/mam

Journeyman

yes and beware i have been with sprint for 10+ years and pay all my bills online. i have three phones on 1 plan and the other day they cut off the third line. i never recieved any notice and the funny part is the phone they cut off i have the parental lock turned on for my son he cant even use the browser. i called in and was told i was more than welcome to take my phone number to a new carrier if i didnt like the service i was recieving as if my 260 doller a month bill i pay them is a privalage to me. was the rudest i have ever been treated by a company of this size and from what i am reading i am far from the only one. Therefore i feel no empathy for you in the future when i will no doubt see your company fail long term if you continue to treat what should be valued customers as myself with this lack of respect. as soon as i find which other company i want to try after 10+ years with you i will be taking the advice i got on the phone from your friendly customer service rep and switching. Good day sir/mam

Journeyman

Sprint Shut my account DOWN and i am aparently not allowed back because "I went over my Roaming Limit on my UNLIMITED plan" apparently i was roaming on a tower that wasnt part of the Sprint network while I was at work. I wasnt exactly sure how I can roam on my network but they explained it to me saying if i went across the United States and was on sprint I would be roaming..... Like you I liked Sprint they had always been good to me for the 6+ years I was there got a few of my friends and family to switch to them because I liked them so much.... But the fact that they can Black Ball me with no notice is redicules. What kinda business is that??? I use my phone for work and I think i am going to try to get them to send me a $250 early termination fee.... they would do it to me.  (this just happened today so I am still a bit angry)

TLSmiley Very HappyR: Sprint false advertizes, if you roam at all you might as well ring up the roaming minutes so you can atleast get out of your contract for free.