cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"visual voicemail-to-text" trial offer - how to stop this intrusive service?

Journeyman

How  do you disable visual voicemail to text?

As  I was using my phone a window popped-up up as I was typing and you end up  pressing Ok without trying. Its activated and said I was getting a free trial  for visual voicemail to text.

There  was no way to stop this program from running and it started transcribing all my  incoming voice mail messages (very poorly by the way) without my permission.

It  doesn't give you any way to opt-out! Only options to subscribe.

I  assumed this was some type of malware or 3rd party app that installed without my  permission because it has no credibility, it pops up on its own while you are  texting or using your keypad forcing you to press the button to enable it! I've  read other posts from many users having the same experience.

Why  is Sprint allowing this program to run without any ability to opt-out? Is it  malware or something bad? I didn't see it listed in the apps to uninstall. There  is no way to access additional information about this service, no terms of  service, no pricing, its just an intrusive program and purposefully at that.

Sprint  please don't allow this program to run without giving an option to "opt-out"  from the beginning.

105 REPLIES
Master

Sorry for the inconvenience. What kind of device you have?.I have  seen the option to unsubscribe from the trial period on an EVO running Gingerbread. Voicemail > Menu > Settings > Voicemail to Text > Unsubscribe From Free Trial.You can send me a private message and I can access the Service Mangement GUI and stop voice to text application.

Journeyman

i have the lg optimus s would you please stop voicemail text i never hardly get any voice mail .

Master

suemotley I've send you a private message so that I can work on your issue.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

Re: "visual voicemail-to-text" trial offer - how to stop this intrusive service?

I just got a Samsung Galaxy SII and while setting it up got the same Sprint pkg sent to me with no choice but to install. I don't like it and can't find a way to disable it.. Any help would be appreciated.

Wizard

Re: "visual voicemail-to-text" trial offer - how to stop this intrusive service?

XV173R,

I'll send you a private message so I can look at this for you.

Wizard

I've stopped your trial voicemail-to-text trial offer on our system.  Although the change should happen fairly quickly, please allow 24 hours for the services to decomission.  If after that time, you are still receiving the text messages, please either post back in here or call in to technical support at 800.927.2199 so we can enter a ticket to have the service manually removed on the back end.

Thanks,

David

Journeyman

go int o your visual voicemail app select teh menu button then setting and then select unsubscribe it can take up to a bill cycle to fully stop the service

Highlighted
Journeyman

Robert- when I get into the submenu The"Voicemail--to-Text" tab is grayed with msg "Activating free trial..." Its been that way for 2 hrs.

Journeyman

Hi, I also have a samsung galaxy sII and I would like to unsubscribe to this service, how should I go about doing this?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.