cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s4 cracked screen

Journeyman

s4 cracked screen

I bought my s4 about 2 months ago and had my phone with a case in my pocket. I took it out and found the screen to be cracked. I did not drop the phone and I take real good care of all my phones and still have my old phones. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Seems to me gorilla glass 3 is not as strong as advertised. Even if i bumped into something the screen shouldnt have cracked that easily especially with a case on it.

7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: s4 cracked screen

I am here to help, do you have total equipment protection? Has the device been into the store?

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Places in the mall like mall kiosks fix it for cheaper than your insurance

Journeyman

Not sure how you managed to crack it. I have been brutal on my S4 since I bought it and it doesnt have a scratch. Nor do I have a case on my phone.

Master

Ouch, hope you have TEP. Otherwise, you may have to live with it until some service centers have replacement parts.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

jazzmingracie wrote:

Places in the mall like mall kiosks fix it for cheaper than your insurance

That assumes the kiosks have replacement screens on hand. Phones new enough that they may not. For that matter, even the Sprint Repair centers may not have them yet.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I doubt they have parts. I dropped my S4 in a hottub, and when I took it to best buy since I have my insurance through them, they ended up giving me a new phone in store since they didnt have any refurbished phones to give me.

Master

Well, Best Buy is different. If it can't be repaired by doing a Hard Reset, they replace the phone. I don't recall any instances where they have actually repaired it when it was a hardware issue. 

--

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.