cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony xperia Z and galaxy s4 active

Journeyman

sony xperia Z and galaxy s4 active

I have read a few blogs as well as posts. I am starting to become very disappointed with Sprint. The reason for this, is because two of the best phones this year are more likely not going to be sold by sprint. Those two phones are the Sony Xperia Z and Galaxy S4 Active. Tons of people have been looking forward to these types of devices for years, and now that they are out why not sell them? It seems like Sprint wants to sell the best, but does not want to act upon it. Sure Sprint sells some great phones like the HTC One, iPhone 5, and ect., but what about something waterproof. Something that will help tons of clumsy people, people whom work on water, or those whom have kids that dunk phones in toilets. If Sprint wants to truly please customers, then start selling what the customer can use anywhere at any time and not have to worry about paying a deductible because of an accident.

Tags (3)
18 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: sony xperia Z and galaxy s4 active

Totally agree. Galaxy S4-Active, Sony Xperia Z, and even the Nokia Lumia 920 - all I would consider buying if I had the option.

Highlighted
Wizard

joeyrome

Thanks for posting. We don’t want you to be disappointed. We do understand the importance of waterproof devices; we carry the Kyocera Torque waterproof and the Sonim XP Strike that withstands 6.5 feet of water for 30 minutes. We also, have new devices coming out soon! You can keep yourself updated at http://newsroom.sprint.com/ .

Thanks,

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes it is waterproof, but also looks like something my grandfather would have owned. This is a more advanced generation and that is what customers today are looking for. Not something where you have to press a button three times to form one letter. You must be crazy if you actually think people would want to buy the sonim xp strike over the active or something of its kind. All I am saying is bring out the "todays generation phones." If not, then more then likely you will be loosing a good bit of business.

Master

Even if Sprint would want to do that, they can't. AT&T has a contract with Samsung as far as the S4 Active, and no other company here in US can sell it. The same thing goes for the Xperia Z, who is an exclusive of T-Mobile. Sprint has had it's share of exclusive phones, but most of them are with HTC.

In this case, it's not Sprint's fault.

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Yes, but sprint should have looked into a variety of contracts, what phones have been in the making, so on and so forth. So yes, in a way they chose to let at&t and other companies put them to shame. Yet again.

Wizard

joeyrome,

Thanks for providing your feedback. We are always engaged with the various manufactures that supply us with various phones and equipment for our customers. Unfortunately we cannot carry all phones that are released. Although we may not offer a certain model when it is initially released, does not necessarily mean that we will not potentially carry it in the future. It is our intent to remain competitive within the wireless industry, so we will continue to seek out and offer our customers what they are seeking in a wireless product.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Yes but still didn't answer why the Xperia Z or S4 Active not available to the public for purchase? 

Wizard

CREXACH2013,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No carrier carries every phone that is released on the market. The two phones that was mentioned are available on two other carriers, but as I stated above "Although we may not offer a certain model when it is initially released, does not necessarily mean that we will not potentially carry it in the future". Carriers sometimes have exclusive agreements with cell phone manufactures to sell a certain model exclusively for a certain time period, and after that time has elapsed; other carriers may potentially decide to start carrying that model phone as well.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

They aren't carried because those phone operated under different networks.  Hence, GSM cannot and will not work on CDMA network.  Case solved.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.