cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text message logs

Journeyman

text message logs

I understand that a call log can be obtained online.... Is there any way to monitor text message usage? I am trying to monitor my teens texts. I am looking for a basic number to number log. Although a detailed report with the contents of the message would be nice, simply monitor number to number usage is what i am after( which is and has been available to me by any other cell phone provider i have been with) hoping not to be let down. I have lost so much since switching providers and am really contemplating switching back...

38 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: text message logs

Sprint says no due to "privacy" and "govt regulations"....I'm going back to Verizon as soon as contracts up..they have it. and signal too,Unlimited don't mean crap if you can't get service.

Journeyman

Sprint says no due to "privacy" and "govt regulations"....I'm going back to Verizon as soon as contracts up..they have it. and signal too,Unlimited don't mean crap if you can't get service.

Wizard

Yes there is a way to monitor texts.  Will have a write up this weekend.

Journeyman

Are u still working on answer for this question. I too would like to know if u can track text messages whether its just numbers or actual message.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would also like to know if this is an option

Journeyman

There has been a no follow up or write up to this question will it be forthcoming?

Wizard

millermech,

Thanks for your post and I apologize this has been open so long without a reply. Our policy on dispersing text logs are with the consideration of customer privacy. To monitor a child's usage we have some great tools available. Please visit www.Sprint.com/mobilecontrols for more info.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

THis not being able to access you text logs is total bull. For my privacy I have passwords and security questions in place to make suRe that only the a account holder has access to this information. But when I call Sprint directly and request text logs because I am fighting a ticket and Sprint can not provide this information being the account holder there is a problem. I rely on my CDL and I could be looking at losing it because of this last ticket I got for texting when I wasn't texting.  this messed up. Sprint please stop hiding behind privacy because I found out that a lawyer can summon these records. So much for privacy. So sounds like Sprint actually have these records but they are there only to screw the customer in the court of law.

Wizard

lumj76,

We do have text logs that can be sent to you but they are just time and number, no content. The logs are available via: http://bit.ly/12meFHK.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.