cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to Framily or not to Framily??

Journeyman

to Framily or not to Framily??

is the only way to join someone's framily by physically going into a sprint store?  and is it true that we actually have to transfer ownership of our account to the person starting the framily??  Does anyone have an example of what a final bill looks like after fees taxes, etc?  It's hard to make a comparison when the demonstration online doesn't include any of those extras that show up on my current bill.  Also, how much is it to add mobile hotspot onto a framily line?

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: to Framily or not to Framily??

KARARENEE0517,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You can learn more about the Framily plan here > http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_the_Sprint_Framily_Plan/315d1dfb-7fe2-4e5...  Additionally, what extra charges do you see on your current bill? With regards to the hotspot, are you talking about a device or through your phone? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes, I went to the sprint store earlier to add someone's framily number off of this forum. Here is what I was told. You can only add new sprint customers. If you want to add an existing sprint customer then you have to take over liability of their contract. That is the complete opposite of what we were told when we were talked into adding a tablet and switching our plan. Now I'm paying more for the same service. Very unhappy and I might just end up switching carriers over this.

Master

jennchris821@yahoo.com,

Thanks for the post. Sorry your so frustrated over this. The only way to add a person to a Framily plan would be for them to be within 14 days of starting servivce or if you and them have the same billing address or be on the same account which would involve a transfer of ownership. Not sure whom you delt with regarding what you were told but this is the current policy.

Victor
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Can an existing non-Framily plan customer leave Sprint, go to Verizon for a month, and then join a Sprint Framily group as a new Sprint customer?

Master

SuperMagnum,

Thanks for the reply. A new Sprint customer is deemed someone that has not had service with Sprint for the prior 90 days.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.
Master

SuperMagnum

Thanks for connecting via Sprint Community. Hope We've answered your question regarding the New customer Vs. existing customer for the framily plan (90 days inbetween). If you have any further questions let us know.

Erica
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I set up my Framily plan over the phone and so far so good. We signed up in late January for a March 1st start. I was told we were good to go and on my March billing I would see the change. Well March 1st came and the bill was incorrect as it was billed at the old rate. I was upset but I made a call and they fixed it right away and then when I got my April 1st bill all was good. So at this point and time I am pleased with the Framily plan. I have been a member with Sprint for over 10 years and I have had some bumps a long the road but nothing a call or two could not fix. I work in the messenger business and I have always told my drivers to get a Sprint phone. I will say this that I recommend getting a high end device. I have noticed the better device the better service I get.

I have a difficult time trying to get my whole Framily together so I uploaded a picture of me. I would love to see it on your website as I am a big fan of Sprint. As you see I dress very old school. The retro look is always the way to go. That is me with my awesome Note 2 phone which by the way I love.349bw.jpg

Master

sjhbjh,

We are glad that everything is working out for you. If you have any further questions let us know. We are always here to help. Have a great day!

Social Care,
Lamar
Journeyman

did they tell you about the "change will take place in 1 or 2 billing cycles". WOW !! and it is $55 for now? good luck (dont do it!! )