Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Security for Number Porting?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Wizard

Additional Security for Number Porting?

With the recent warning about unauthorized porting of number (I had it happened to me two weeks ago with an AT&T number), is there an additional layer of security provided by Sprint for number porting request?

In addition to the 8-digit PIN on the account?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey @badankles. Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time, there is no additional layer of security provided by us to avoid unauthorized porting request.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Meyepme,

In this case the most important thing is to make sure you do not share your account information (Account Owner's name, security PIN or the answer to the security question). You can also change your account information online at Sprint.com by following these steps:

1. Sign in to My Sprint.
  2. Click the My Sprint on the menu.
  3. Select Account Profile.
  4. Scroll to Security Info and click Edit.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey @badankles. Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time, there is no additional layer of security provided by us to avoid unauthorized porting request.

Highlighted

Considering TMobile is offering this additional layer of security on their web site, free for the asking. Does Sprint have any plans to offer this service?

Chris

Highlighted

Meyepme,

Hello! I would like to confirm, are you interested in porting to us?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

No, I would like to make sure someone cannot port my number away from Sprint.

Highlighted

Meyepme,

In this case the most important thing is to make sure you do not share your account information (Account Owner's name, security PIN or the answer to the security question). You can also change your account information online at Sprint.com by following these steps:

1. Sign in to My Sprint.
  2. Click the My Sprint on the menu.
  3. Select Account Profile.
  4. Scroll to Security Info and click Edit.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted

You MUST implement MFA not just Two-Factor security.

M = multi.

This means using an authenticator of some sort, like RSA's SecureID or Google Authenticator or, heck you're a phone company, the apple builtin authenticator.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat