cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of a sudden if someone tries to leave me a voicemail it says it is full when it is not!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

All of a sudden if someone tries to leave me a voicemail it says it is full when it is not!

My iPhone has all of a sudden stopped taken VM's.  It says it's full but there is only one message in it.  I called and the rep said this was an Apple issue effecting thousands of users and that they are working to resolve and should have fixed in a couple of days.  Ok, but if this is effecting thousands of customers and a known problem why were we not sent any notification about it and and why am I not seeing anything here about it when i search.  Having the ability to receive VM is vital (and part of my service).  What is going on and is what I was told true??

David Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: All of a sudden if someone tries to leave me a voicemail it says it is full when it is not!

You're super welcome. If you need any thing else just let me know.  Have a great rest of the day.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: All of a sudden if someone tries to leave me a voicemail it says it is full when it is not!

Howdy dklee55. Not sure if this is affecting thousands, some for sure, but not too sure it's thousands. If it's an Apple device related issue, I don't know why they haven't came out and announced it. Give me a few mins to look into this for you.  

You stated that there was 1 message in your VM. Is this message important? If so, please back it up or jot it down. Some of the trouble shooting we'll be doing may cause this message to be lost. 

I'll be right back. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your quick response.  I'll delete that message.

David

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks. I see that there are a few reports regrading this issue after the IOS 11.0 update went through. Everything I'm seeing states that reset the device resolves the issue. So lets for a network reset first. 

On your phone, please complete the following steps: 

1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Scroll up and tap Reset.
4. Change to Reset Network Setting

What is the IOS version on your phone? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, it looks like that resolved the issue.  My iPhone software version is 12.2

I greatly appreciate your help.

David Lee

Highlighted
Wizard

You're super welcome. If you need any thing else just let me know.  Have a great rest of the day.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 8.  I'm on iOS 12.2 and I've deleted all of my voicemails on my device, but anyone who calls gets a voicemail box is full message.  I reset the network settings and the device settings and neither worked

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi There,

We've seen this issue a couple of time in the last few weeks. I'd be happy to reset your voicemail from our end. Just to be clear, you've done the ## update? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here. On the phone with Apple Support so its not an apple issue.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi There,

Sounds like we need to re-set your voicemail. We will send you a private message to get some more info. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is dklee55.  I started this thread.  Network reset fixed it at first but now it's doing the same thing and network reset does not resolve it.  I need you to reset my voicemail.

Highlighted

@dklee55, I'm happy to help with your voicemail also. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat