cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device is not active or cancelled

Journeyman

Device is not active or cancelled

I Recently purchased a preowned LG G6. I just want to unlock it so i can transfer to boost mobile. but whenever i sign up for a account so i can unlock it I get the message "Device is not active or cancelled" And I don't know what to do.

20 REPLIES 20
Wizard

Re: Device is not active or cancelled

Good morning. That's extremely weird. Let me see what I can do to help. Did you ask the seller what carrier the phone was previously active on?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Yes and they said it was active on sprint.

@QueenK wrote:

Good morning. That's extremely weird. Let me see what I can do to help. Did you ask the seller what carrier the phone was previously active on?

GrandMaster

when you put the Boost sim card in it is it giving you a error that the phone is locked to Sprint?

if not you need to add the phone to Boosts database..same as if the phone was coming from another carrier to Sprint..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Alright. As @fireguy_6364 said, did you put the Boost SIM card in the phone and then getting the error? 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Yes when i put a boost mobile sim card in I get the sim locked error.

On the boost mobile site When I put in my imei number to swap devices i get 

"This device is not eligible to swap." So thats why i want to get it unlocked from sprint

Journeyman

does anyone know how i can register  a sprint account to this device?

Wizard

Hey @rqster. Send me the imei number in a private message and I will look. 

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

I Recently purchased a preowned LG V40 Sprint. I just want to unlock it so I want to switch to another cellular operator. but whenever i sign up for a account so i can unlock it I get the message "Device is not active or cancelled" And I don't know what to do.

Hi Uludap! Even if a phone purchased from us has been paid in full, it does need to have been active on our network for 50 days before we will unlock it for use on another carrier. 

More details on our unlock policy can be found here:
https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/device/faqs-about-unlocking-your-sprint-device.html

What should I do? What to do in this situation?

Has the phone been active on Sprint for 50 days?

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat