cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File a complaint on Sprint Customer service

Journeyman

File a complaint on Sprint Customer service

I've recently decided to change my carrier from Sprint to Verizon. And all I need is to port two lines from one network to another. But I faced unexpected issues that stress me out a lot.

3 months ago I purchased two Samsung Galaxy S10 phones directly from Samsung online store. I chose Sprint version of the phone because I was sure that it will be delivered with the Sprint SIM card for my convenience. At the same time (as I paid for the devices in full) I expected them to be unlocked. What a surprise! Both devices were locked to Sprint even though Sprint never owed them. 

That is the issue that can be resolved, right? But it takes some time - as one Sprint representative told me - from 24 to 48 hours, as another representatives assured me - from 48 to 72 hours. So that's the issue #1 - the Customer support doesn't know exact information. Also, they doesn't know if their back office works on weekends and I have to dig deep to find this information.

So, my first request to unlock my devices was on Saturday, June 15. As you can understand, nobody unlocked them in 48 hours because the unlocking department, back office doesn't work on Saturdays and Sundays. I was surprised on Monday that I have to wait... for 72 hours more. 

I tried to push them that is not my problem that the Customer Support office gave me incorrect information. Sprint promised to speed up the unlock process. No, they didn't. 

On Wednesday I received an email that the second devices is unlocked. But the first one (which is my Galaxy S10) wasn't. On June 19 the Supervisor promised that he will do his best to help me with the solution. And he didn't lie - in 3 hours I received an email that says that my ... Samsung S7 Edge is unlocked! Nice! I don't have S7 Edge on my line! On Thursday, June 20 the tech support representative promised me again that my device will be unlocked in 24 to 48 hours. And it means that I have to wait again!

I requested a call back from the Supervisor on Friday, June 21 at 4PM - in case if my devices is not unlocked at this time. And we could find another option to resolve this problem. I guess, you already know what happened. Nobody called me on Friday, nobody called me on Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23 as well.

I am fighting with Sprint for more than a week already. My phone is still locked. And I am handcuffed - I can't use any other SIM card in my phone and Sprint doesn't bother. 

My customer rights are violated. And the next step is to file an arbitration. I have chat transcripts that can help me prove that Customer support assured me that the help is on the way but it is not. 

I am tired of all this chats and phone calls.

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: File a complaint on Sprint Customer service

Unlock can be a pain, and sometimes takes time. I would like to take a look into this for you, and see if a case was every created for your phone. Yes, the unlocking process can take up to 72 hour depending on the day it was requested. No, the back office doesn't work weekends. I can see what can be done from my end to help you get the phone unlocked. Send me a PM please. 

Journeyman

1. Unlock takes up to 72 hours in case the phone belongs to Sprint, has unpaid installments or leased etc. My device was purchased on Samsung.com and Sprint doesn't have any rights to limit its usage. So it takes up to 48 hours to unlock it.

2. It is not my fault that your representatives are not trained well enough to communicate it correctly that your back office doesn't work on weekends.

3. If it takes up to 48 hours to unlock the device, your back office could make the job done 3 times during the week. Even if it's up to 72 - 2 times! And the device is still locked.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I understand where you are coming from, but I want to help you now to get it unlocked. I just need you to send me the IMEI of the phone along with other info needed. If it was purchased as a Sprint device then it will be locked to Sprint. This even goes for when you purchase it at full price. That means the ones Samsung agreed to let us have we converted to work for Sprint. It is your device, but we just have to unlock it completely.  You can find out policy here www.sprint.com/unlock 

Also to make the unlock process quicker, please set the device up as stated in this link under here. 

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Journeyman

I consider myself as tech savvy and know how unlock works and what should be done on my end to finalize the work. My device is turned on, Sprint's SIM card is inside the phone - that is obvious, I need to be available over the phone and I don't have other options.

I've send you a personal message with my IMEI/MEID and related information.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat