Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hulu limited to 3 months?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hulu limited to 3 months?

I was very disappointed to learn from a Sprint support person by phone that the free hulu offer with the sprint unlimited plan is only a "free trial" for 3 months. After carefully following the instructions from Sprint on my phone to create a Hulu account, I had to enter credit card payment info to start my "1 month free trial." Nearly anyone can get a short term 1 month free trial of Hulu, so I am confused as to the benefit of Sprint Unlimited's hulu offer. Also, I am suspicious that I will be billed after one month of Hulu, because no where on my Hulu account does it mention a connection to Sprint.

The time limited nature of this offer is not mentioned anywhere on the Sprint or Hulu websites or in any of the press releases from Sprint, and was not mentioned to me when I recently signed up for service, where it was suggested that I would have access to Hulu for as long as I had Sprint Unlimited. This is truly a disappointing lack of transparency, especially when it was promoted as a major perk of the Sprint plan.

Has anyone else experience a similar lack of transparency? thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

In answer to the original question, your Hulu subscription is good for as long as you're on the appropriate Sprint plan.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Hello Phillyguy, Hulu comes with your Unlimited plan and is $0 charge. I'd like to make sure you followed these steps to add Hulu to your account:

1. Visit www.Sprint.com/Hulu .
  2. Click the get it now link at the top of the page and enter your username and password.
  3. Choose the phone you want to enjoy Hulu on. Click Change service add-ons, then choose Hulu.
  4. You’ll get a text message. Follow the link to hulu.com/sprint and complete your account setup.

This is very important, to complete Hulu signup, your phone must be active on Sprint network, not on WiFi, not roaming.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

So I'm confused.  I have been trying to watch for days since I started the unlimited plan.  I did everything.  Followed the link that sprint sent me, signed up, went to Hulu and I got the same.  Get your free trial!  If I ever get this straightened out my other question now is, can I only watch Hulu on the one device?  From your explanation thats what it sounds like.  

That's correct bjam. You can only add the free subscription to one line on the account and steam with one at a time (not necessarily the one with the subscription on the account). Let's check if the service is added to your account, please check your inbox message and respond at your earliest convenience.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Hmmmm you never really answered the question asked!

Highlighted

Sorry to hijack post, but the forum wont allow me to post this question

When I follow the instructions,  HULU VOD doesn't show up as an option even though I have the unlimited plan.

please help

Highlighted

Not all of our Unlimited Plans come with hulu. I'll be happy to verify it is a feature on your plan. I'm sending you a private message to get some info.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

In answer to the original question, your Hulu subscription is good for as long as you're on the appropriate Sprint plan.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I followed the instructions and got my free hulu set up a while back. I just noticed that, on November 20th, I was charged $7.99 by Hulu. Please tske  look at my account to see if I have it set up correctly.

Highlighted

Hey cptriple, free Hulu is not available for all unlimited plans. Which plan in particular do you have? You can check this out and verify on your Sprint.com account.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted

My plan is the Unlimited 55+ v2.

Highlighted

Hello again! The Unlimited 55+ plans do not allow for free Hulu, however, the Unlimited Basic plan DOES included Hulu and starts at $60 for 1 line with AutoPay setup.

You can check out any of the available offers for you at your account on Sprint.com.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat