cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming callers can't hear me while using Wi-Fi calling...

Go to solution
Journeyman

Incoming callers can't hear me while using Wi-Fi calling...

I can hear them fine, but they can't hear me.  Once I turn off Wi-Fi calling(when receiving a new call, incoming callers can hear me just fine).  This ordinarily wouldn't be an issue but reception at my house is spotty at best.  Most of the time it is roaming, but occasionally will go up to 3G, and even more rarely I'll have LTE service.  I do live at the base of a small mountain, so I'm sure that's the issue there, although the rest of my family has no issues with a different carrier.  Phone is a Samsung S8 running Android 8.0.0.  Internet connection is xFinity Gigabit fibre service with Asus AC1900 router(model RT-AC68U).

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Incoming callers can't hear me while using Wi-Fi calling...

Hey M_C_Meyer! This is only happening on incoming calls, correct? Outgoing calls on WiFi Calling have no issues?

That's correct.

What's the latest software version on your Galaxy S8? The latest one should be G950USQU5CRK1. You can find this by going to Settings> About Phone> Software Version.  If you need to update, go to Settings> System Updates> Download System Updates(top option).  

If everything is up to date, send me a Private Message.  I'll need to do some troubleshooting on the back end here, and I'll need your phone # and account PIN in the message. 

I believe that may have fixed it. Updated the SW version on the S8 and tested it with 2 other phones and it appears to be working correctly.

Awesome to hear! Let me know if you run into it again! 

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat