cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a Wi-FI Calling Server Down??

GrandMaster

Re: Is a Wi-FI Calling Server Down??

yeah i would lean towards an agent taking a deeper look at your account then. especially since its affecting multiple devices..might also be the root cause for your current wifi issues. they might have to do a refresh on each line possibly..not fully sure if they can do a all devices refresh all at once or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I know the star codes are being affected on all lines, Wi-Fi Calling seems to be on one line only for the issue happening.

Is there any agent you would recommend on this community that its their specialty to deal with these issues, or could any agent look at it and handle it.

Journeyman

I do have VPN, but not enabled. I even tried removing it completely for giggles and it didn't do nothing.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

all the agents in here are going to have the same resources in front of them. im going to drop a link for you that will have a list of agents in here. one sec.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?f=rank_name&ranking=3

if you decide to pm one of them directly make sure to include the link to this thread so they can pop into here as well. make sure to only pm one..multiple agents trying to work on the same thing can and will make things worse lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have messaged an agent. Just out of curiosity how long approximately does it take for an agent to return the message?

GrandMaster

it depends on their work flow in front of them. worst case would be roughly 24 hours. usually much quicker..just have to keep in mind that there are limited agents in here and a LOT of customers..the ratio is a bit one sided and not in the agents favor lol.

Journeyman

Try enabling Air Plane mode on and then off again to do a DNS Flush.
Journeyman

@harryhoudini66 wrote:
Try enabling Air Plane mode on and then off again to do a DNS Flush.

No luck. 

Journeyman

Hmm, have you tried opening the ports that it uses for wifi calling on your router to be sure?
Journeyman

Even though I do have UPnP enabled I have tried manual port forwarding as well to check it and still no luck.

Journeyman

Its really going to suck if after all this work you come to find out that your initial question about the wifi server being down is correct.

Do you have a neighbor that is on a different carrier that you could have connect to your wifi and try a wifi call? This would quickly remove your network and ISP out of the equation.
Journeyman

My neighbor who has Sprint, his works on my Wi-Fi. Verizon and AT&T Wi-Fi calling works as well on my Wi-Fi. The only thing I have heard recently for Sprint’s Wi-Fi Calling is just server migration which I believe has concluded.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat