cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a Wi-FI Calling Server Down??

Wizard

Re: Is a Wi-FI Calling Server Down??

Good morning. Sprint is currently migrating all phones to voice over LTE. You're experiencing these issues due to this. When trying to call when you're on wifi, are you connected to just the wifi or the Sprint direct connect? Also, I would just save or dial out all numbers with the area code to fix that issue.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I don’t use the Sprint Direct Connect Service. I use Wi-Fi calls and regular cellular calls over CDMA, and call continuity over LTE and they all react the same. I get the 10-digit thing but nothing requires in my area to do this becuase it is the 856 area code and what I was told by the Board of Public Utilities is that if I dial another 856 number, the full number is not required. Only 609 and 640.

Wizard

Ok. Are you getting any error messages at all? If so, can you provide me with a screenshot.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

It happens to quick to screen shot it becuase once the call drops it goes to call failed and then goes back to my home screen but it drops right after connection and then sometimes it drops a half hour later after connection of the duration of the call. Then sometimes it will just say call ended and leave but ticket management confirmed those calls were indeed dropped. For the 10-digit code part it gives the verbal message saying it needs the area code.

Wizard

I'm going to need some more info. I will be sending you a private message now.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Highlighted
Journeyman

It has been a month since the last reply in this thread. It seems Sprint is still not able to fix the issue. The annoying message when you use *82 is gone now but it still is blocking the caller id whether you dial *82 or not.

WHEN IS IT GOING TO GET FIXED Sprint?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat