Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more 2 year contract upgrade?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No more 2 year contract upgrade?

Like many people, continually signed a 2-year contract and upgrade my phone for free or heavily discounted each time. I am eligible for an upgrade again- but now this isn't possible? I have to either pay full price or lease a phone (which I will either end up paying a monthly fee for a phone forever, or end up paying full price anyway- 2 years later).

Are there any other options? Looking to change services to get a new customer promo instead.

Also, just got an email through my company benefits provider that offers new customers that switch to sprint 2 lines for $37.50/ month plus a $200 gift card. What about those of us who have been loyal customers for 15+ years? This creates a society of no loyalty since you can move your phone number to any other provider. They should create a special program that incentives those who continue to stay with Sprint for this long. just think of all the money that my husband and I along have given them. ($100+/ month x 12 month x 15 years= $18,000!!!!)

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: No more 2 year contract upgrade?

Sprint doesn't offer discounted phones any longer. With our Unlimited Plans, a discounted device will incur a $25 a month per line subsidized phone charge. We only offer the phones on lease or full pay. There are full pay devices that sell for $145, but they can also be as much as $999.99. With a lease you will pay 1/24th of the full phone price for 18 months. You will then pay the fair market value, which is usually around the amount of 6 months of the full phone price. You may check places like Sam's Club, Target a Best Buy for installment billing options. This will allow you to pay 1/24th of the full cost over 24 months. You will own the phone at that time with no extra payment at the end like a lease.

The email you received, was it for healthcare workers discount? That plan requires a new service activation with at least 1 ported line.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

the offer I received was from Sequoia. They manage the benefits for our company. It was for a new line. I just don't think it makes sense to offer this to new customers that don't have any history with you, instead of incentivizing your "loyal" customers like you used to. It just creates a society of people constantly moving from carrier to carrier to get the new customer deal every 2 years.... which is most likely what I will do now 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I understand your frustration. Please keep in mind that those prices are only achieved by BYOD or full pay devices.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Except that Sprint does provide discounts on phones only for new customers.  I am

about to leave Sprint because if this reason.  I left Dish network over this.  I will never go back to them.  A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. In my case Sprints failure to match a current promotion to keep a customer will lose a customer probably for life.  The service where I work is not good.  I hate the idea of over paying for a phone especially when a competitor is offering a buy one get one free. Sprint doesn't care about loyalty and for that reason I will be leaving and taking my 2 lines with me. Btw I have communicated with 6 different Sprint representatives and they all seem to not care.  This promotion was a bad idea if you can't offer it to all customers, don't offer it.  

Soon to be former customer. 

GrandMaster

prior to jumping right to the next carrier and getting their "new customer" deals..you might opt to look at their site and see what all is being said by the loyal long term customers and the deals they are getting..or not getting compared to the new customers.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat