cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Visa rewards cards

Journeyman

Prepaid Visa rewards cards

Mine expired.  Long story, but contacted Sprint care via chat on my phone.  I was promised by a rep (Lia M) that if I called the number she gave me, they would fix it so I could still use my rewards. I screen shot the whole conversation so I have it in writing.  Called the number and was told to call another number, called that number and was told to call another number, I did.  

I called that number and it was for American Express, not Sprint, so I hung up.  I then called 1-888-211-4727 customer service number and spoke to Golda, who was lovely, but could not help.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and got Nathan, who was not so lovely. He said, "Nothing can be done". I told him I have in writing what I was promised by Lia M. because I did screen shots of the whole conversation and that someone needs to honor what I was promised. He just kept repeating his  "Nothing can be done" statement in a not so nice tone. I said something can be done, you are just unwilling to do anything. It is not that it can't be fixed, just that no one will. I asked to speak to a manager. He said one would call me back in 48-72 hours.  All of that took almost 3 hours.

I then started tweeting and Facebook posting. I got a response and was told via a tweet from SH "You can also call to inquire about getting a new card due to expiration, this may be requested one time within 30 days of the original expiration date. Hope this helps. -SH"  I asked for the number to call to do that, and I got no answer.  

I was asked to go to secure messaging instead of Twitter and Facebook.  I provided the screen shots to them. I spent an additional 3 hours trying to get help via that route.  They would only respond once every 20-30 minutes!

I am honestly appalled at how I have been treated. I am a new customer who is beginning to regret being a customer at all. 

38 REPLIES 38
Wizard

Re: Prepaid Visa rewards cards

Hey. You've come to the right place. Let me dig into this, a little deeper. I'm going to private message you, to get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I have a similar issue. We are a military family and were issued our cards. We did not know they expired so quickly. The cards were packed while we moved overseas. After our move they had expired. I was so disheartened to go to use them today, less than one year later only to have them be expired. Is there anything that can be done? We have never had a card with such a short expiration period before. 

Journeyman

When is the expiration date on the cards?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

I was able to get in touch with a cards rep and they resolved the issue easily. Thank you. 

Journeyman

Awesome so glad you got taken care of!

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

Update: I did end up getting this resolved. Thank you Sprint!
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Great to hear! Please let me know if you have any other issues we can help you with.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Could someone please help me.  I have two $100 visa gift cards that expired in December that I had no idea they expired.  

Is there any way to get reissued?

I'm going to refer you to the earlier post, where @Tcrow stated they spoke with the card reps. They were able to assist with the expired cards.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I don’t see where he called.  Some contacted him.  

They called the number on the back of the cards. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat