cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

It meets the 50 days as well, but no one seems to be able to listen long enough to understand that.
Journeyman

Re: Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Can you tell me when the last unlock request was made and do you have a ticket number for it? I can take a look and see why it was not successful. 

Journeyman

At a Sprint store now trying to get that information. The phone rep will not give me a number. I have an interaction number from last night, it’s I1774786668 and the case number is 240163062.
Journeyman

Did you request the unlock at the store or via phone? If you can send me a private message, I can look up the IMEI of your device. 

Journeyman

Hi @mediamvn_sprint @HELPeR_Sprint @RedCruzr_Sprint and other folks, I also have a similar problem, please help. I was using a iphone 6s on sprint line since January, activated a fully owned Android device and it's locked to sprint. I just need it unlocked for international use as I am travelling out of the country. The account support lady told me it will be unlocked and transferred to international desk however after several tries they always come back with the same 50 day policy.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

We'd be glad to help take a look into that and check on things for you. Did you buy the Android phone second hand or was it yours previously? As long as it's been on any account with the Sprint network for 50 days, that shouldn't be an issue as long as we know who the last owner was. I'll drop you a PM so that we can get some additional detail from you to assist further. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I am running into this exact same issue, a phone that I have had for almost 2 years that has been paid off for almost 2 months cannot get unlocked because it was replaced recently at the Apple store. Can you please assist with the same exception that you were able to get work for others, as no agent I talk to has been able to get this to work and this is maddening.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@bcurtis25, I'm happy to assist with validation of the replacement and get the case submitted for you. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account and phone information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Hi I have the EXACT same issue.. can you PM me plz

Journeyman

Hello.  I am also having similar issue for the last couple weeks. Can someone please please help me fix this issue! Thanks. 

Journeyman

Same here, I’m downgrading my plan and taking off my Apple Watch the Sprint service. Easily the worst experience ever...
Journeyman

Been over 50 days and called the sprint customer service and they too said that there is no reason why the phone cannot be unlocked. Yet they still are unable to unlock it. This is beyond ridiculous. Can someone please just unlock my phone already?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat