cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Can someone please contact me and help me get my phone (that I bought at apple with my own money) unlocked?  I wanted to try out sprint with the 30 day guarantee and now my phone and number are being held hostage under some 50 day policy I know nothing about.  This is beyond frustrating.  @RedCruzr_Sprint Please help me out!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Also I initially wanted to sign up for kickstart $25 a month. I was told I could do it at the store by a rep and a manager. They said to just call phone support after activating and get an adjustment. I called while still in the store. The phone rep wasn’t helpful and even laughed at the store rep when he was on the line. No one could do anything to adjust my plan on the phone or in the store. The store said they’d escalate but dodged my calls until the deal expired. Now I’m stuck with $35 a month plus activation (+ taxes and fees) and I can’t leave with the 30 day guarantee if I want to keep my own phone and number!
Highlighted

Hey Julietskane. Are you still within 30 days since you activated your account/service with Sprint? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint Yes! It has been 2 weeks or less.

Highlighted

If you are to cancel your service and port out your number to another carrier would not need to meet the 50 day window for the unlock. If you get that taken care of (we cant cancel service here) we can help you complete the unlock piece if its not taken care of during the port out. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@oldgreg-sprint My phone is showing up as locked to the new carrier so I can’t activate a new service with it. If I cancel with sprint before porting out I will lose my number. And according to the last rep I wouldn’t be able to use my phone with another carrier until it’s unlocked. I’ve spent hours on the phone with Sprint and I’ve heard everything from “your phone is not locked” to “it is locked but apple has to unlock it” to “it is sim locked by sprint but I am physically unable to unlock it before 50 days are up because that’s a condition that has to be met.” I have no idea what to do anymore.
Highlighted

We have the power to help you unlock it if need be. If you need to port out and cancel service, you'll have to call the other company to get that process started so they can port over your number. After that's done you can call and cancel your service with Sprint. If you are having issues with your phone being locked to Sprint, our team here can help you get that cleared up 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint

Thank you for explaining that.  I can see if the new provider can get that started.  How long would it take to unlock my phone after canceling with sprint?  

Highlighted

We're staffed Mon-Friday 6A - 6P and will have someone here who can help you out almost instantly. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same extremely frustrating issue as many others on this board have experienced with Sprint. I have been told by numerous Sprint customer service representatives over the phone, on chat, and in person, that there is nothing they can do about the 50 day lock on my phone, EVEN THOUGH I have been with Sprint for 8 years, Apple replaced my phone, and the reason I am switching service is because of the area I am moving to is not serviced by Sprint. 

I have gotten the same issue where I've been told to wait 24-48 hours for it to be unlocked, and nothing has happened. 

Please let me know if you can help me unlock my phone with Sprint so that I can initiate my service with Verizon. 

I do not have access to a phone and I am a personal business so not having access to my phone is impending my livelihood. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy Fernando1370. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. Normally a phone has to be active on a Sprint account for at least 50 consecutive, but if you get a replacement device from Asurion then we have a smidge of wiggle room around this time frame. Each situation is evaluated. 

I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Cat_Sprint @OldGreg_Sprint 

I have the same problem, Apple replaced my iPhone under warranty and I canceled my account within 35 days after activating the replacement, but my previous device was active on Sprint network for more than 100 days. I called CS many times and requested the unlock with no luck. I got the same automated email “cannot be unlocked because it hasn't been active for more than 50 days”. But this is a replacement device.

Would please help me to unlock the device (iPhone X).

Thanks,

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat