cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Go to solution
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Jbot81 - Hi, I'm Isandy from Sprint Social Care. Sent me a PM by going to my name and selecting "sent a message". 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Still having the same problem. Care to help?
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello I have a device that is paid off and I'm trying to give it to my son for christmas but it seems to be locked, I have checked everything is paid off and I have had service on it for some time. anyone able to help? thank you

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi appz24! I can help you out with your request. In order to unlock the device, there are certain requirements that it needs to meet, among the most important are: That the device is unlock capable. That it is fully paid, meaning that it cannot have any pending contract nor balance. Never has been reported lost or stolen. The account last associated with the device must be current. To get information about other requirements, please visit: Sprint.com/unlock. If your equipment meets the requirements, we can proceed with your request. If you have been a Sprint customer, I'd need some info. Please send me a Private Message as soon as you have a chance. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

We are in a similar situation here. My mother purchased an unlocked iphone from apple several months ago. Now I'm helping her switch to another carrier and we are getting the error message "SIM not supported" I'm told that's because the device is still locked to Sprint? Can you please help us unlock this phone?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey @helius! Was this phone active on Sprint? Or did you buy it directly from apple without activating it on the Sprint network? 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure how long the phone was active on Sprint. When my mom made the purchase earlier this year, it was for an unlocked iphone.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@helius, The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days. I can check if the phone is eligible to be unlocked, I'll send you a Private Message to assist you. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue and while other agents were just repeating the 50 days policy without listening, @Sprint_Juan  and @Sprint_Ciara really listened to me and helped me and I really thank them. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Thanks behnamhp_695 for taking the time to express your gratitude. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. 😉

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Sprint_Ciara I have similar problem with unlocking my phone. I send you a PM. Really hope you can help me out! 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi Jetaing8100 ! I have replied to your Private Message, please check your inbox. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat