cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe and Found - remove ring option from child phone?

Journeyman

Safe and Found - remove ring option from child phone?

I've recently installed the Safe and Found app for the web restrictions onto my children's phones. I've setup their restrictions, but see that they have the ability to "Ring" any of the phones within the family. Being that they are 13 and 15, I can totally see one of them "ringing" the other one during school hours which would result in the other getting into trouble at school. Is there a way to disable this feature for "child" phones? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Safe and Found - remove ring option from child phone?

I was looking through our FAQs and documents we have on the product and don't see anything explicitly about that particular feature and being able to control it. However, I was reading that usually the 'child' phone would have to enter a family passcode/password in order to access those features. Did you try using the "ring" feature from one of their phones to see if it would actually ping one of the other devices without needing a passcode to do so? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I did try it... and they did it to one another several times, before they got in trouble, with no prompt for a password.

What kind of phone's do they have?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

They both have the Galaxy S10.

Are you able to access and set control to set a passcode? This would be with the "parent" phone. 

Journeyman

I setup a password initially on the parent phone, but yes I can access the screen to change the password.

I've gone through every resource I can dig up here from my end and am not finding anything on instructions for how to disable the Ring feature from the Child account side of things. Let me reach out internally and see if we can track down someone who might be able to shed some light on this. 

Journeyman

I appreciate your help.

You're very welcome. We'll let you know as soon as we have some additional info to share.

I was able to have our management team help reach out to the developers of the Safe & Found app for additional clarification. At this time, Safe and Found does not contain a parental control setting that allows you to turn the 'ring' feature on/off. However, they did confirm they are constantly looking for ways to improve the app and will take your feedback into account so that they can continue to enhance your experience with Safe and Found.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat