Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe and Found

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Safe and Found

Looking into Safe and Found.  Does anyone here have any experience using it?  Easy to install?  Does it track well?  Is it better or worse than the previous version (Family Locator).  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hey there SpenceWatson! Since Sprint Family Locator has already being decommissioned, it could stop working at any time.

We do not have a specific date as to when it will stop working.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello SpenceWatson, while other users share their experience, we'd like to provide you with general information about Safe & Found:

Safe & Found is a mobile safety and security application that:

• Allows a "family" to be set up, with one "Parent" and up to 4 "child" devices.
    • Child members can be from other carriers
  • Lets all family members view each other's locations on a map.
  • Safety areas can be set up so notifications will be sent when members enter and leave areas.
    • For example: Receive a notification when a "child" device reaches school or arrives home.
  • Locates a lost device.
  • Remotely locks a phone if it is lost and unlocked.
  • Protects "family" members by limiting or blocking access to applications and websites.
  • Alerts all family members immediately with a family alert by pushing the SOS button.
  • Restricts calls (not available on iPhones).
  • Block calls and SMS from untrusted parties.

You can get more details by clicking here .

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Thanks Ciara,

The features on this are awesome.  Sprint has another locator also, right?  Just wondering if if offers different features or price? 

Highlighted

Glad you like the features on Sprint Lost and Found. We did have a different ( Sprint Family Locator) Locator which is being replaced by the Lost and found. Sprint Family locator is no longer available.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Out of curiosity, when will people who are on the old system be required to switch to the Safe and Found?  Asking for a friend.  Thanks.

Highlighted

Hey SpenceWatson! Starting 2/1/2018, Sprint Family Locator is no longer available for download, and will be decommissioned.

Also, special price for current Sprint Family Locator Customers- only $5.99 when they migrate to Safe & Found!

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted

It's "Safe & Found", but thanks!
Highlighted

I think Safe and Found is awesome and worth the money.  I like that I can add my aging parents even though they are on a different carrier.  You've sold me.

However, I'm still asking for a friend that originally told me about this service.  She says she likes the current solution you have and doesn't want to upgrade yet.  She doesn't want to upgrade anything until she gets her new phone this Summer and then do it all at once.  That's just her personality.  It's also her personality to get me to ask the questions that she should ask. lol.  

So, do you know how much longer she will be able to stay on the current system before she has to switch to the new?  One month? 6 months? One year?  Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey there SpenceWatson! Since Sprint Family Locator has already being decommissioned, it could stop working at any time.

We do not have a specific date as to when it will stop working.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello, I downloaded both the family locator and safe and found and I’m not sure which one to use? They both seem to work, however, the safe and founds states I am able to restrict my children’s app and website usage? The option it gives me , is to to pick their age range but it doesn’t allow it to to be specific? For example,  Block specific apps, and specific websites. Is this option not available? By reading the app details, i thought these features were available. I have an iPhone, does this make a difference? 

Another comcern, is that I don’t see it necessary for my children to get alerts, but if I disable the notification option, it won’t allow them to use the app?  Please give me some feedback, as I would like to use this app. at it’s full potential. 

Thank yiu in advance,

It's great to know what your kids are doing. We are pashing out Family Locator, so I would suggest staying with Safe and Found. On the iPhone, you can only block apps. Androids can block several things.

As for the alerts, what kind of alerts do you want to turn off?

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat