Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow or No Data: Help Wanted

Highlighted
Journeyman

Slow or No Data: Help Wanted

Dear Sprint:

I feel like I am out of options and hope you can somehow help me.  As a customer I have never really found myself feeling like this with a company, much less one I rely on so heavily and invest in so consistently.  

I recently reported a problem with my service.  I, and the other lines on my account, have been experiencing slow data speeds and at times no connection to data/LTE at all.  After submitting the complaint I received an email encouraging me to call  to talk more about my issue.  When I called the individual I spoke with recommended that I receive a "magic box".  One was sent to me and I attempted to set it up on 4/16.  After having problems setting it up I called the tech support number listed on the device itself.  The individual told me that the device should not have been sent to me but that he would open a trouble ticket for me and that because it was sent to me the networking team would get it to work.  

Today I spoke with Toni  in networking and she promptly told me that the device should not have been sent to me and that there was nothing that could be done.  She recommended that I connect to the Wi-Fi at my house if I am having data connection problems.  I appreciate her candor but can’t help but feel like I have no other options at this point but to accept the fact that my cell phone service provider [Sprint] is unable to help me at multiple levels and most recently recommended that I use my cable provider instead.  I am now going to be returning a "magic box" that brought nothing but false hopes.  

I already pay both Sprint and my cable provider a hefty amount on a monthly basis and many times for service I don't fully use but to have to pay for service I can’t get is unacceptable.  To pay one for doing the job of the other is a topic I don't even want to get started on.  I would suggest revising that talking point for your networking team.  I rely too heavily on Sprint to communicate with my family, coworkers, friends, and business associates to just up and leave.  The initial issue remains and I have gotten no help and a lot of confusion and frustration. 

My account has the following phones, all Samsung:

Note 5

Note 4

GS7

GS7

I have tried basic things like restarting the phone(s), updating the PRL(s) updating the Profile(s).  I have also tried whimsical things like holding the phone(s) higher in the air and crossing my fingers.  I can provide more information if necessary.

I am out of ideas.  Please help.

14 REPLIES 14
GrandMaster

Re: Slow or No Data: Help Wanted

the agents that pop in will need a tad bit more info..like where are you? zip code and closest cross streets only.

is this only affecting you while indoors? outside as well? does it improve once you leave the area? what all troubleshooting have you attempted so far?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Hello @LouiePHSC,

We'd like to discard some possibilities before proceeding. Please answer the questions that fireguy_6364 posted at your earliest convenience.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Joel, I have not tried any other troubleshooting aside from what I mentioned in my initial post. Zip code is 79424 with nearest major cross street of 114th and Frankford.

Sprint Social Care

LouiePHSC,

I was able to take a look at the area and there's not reported service alerts for the moment, the service is working as expected in that area. Since when you've been experiencing these issues with the service? Is this only indoors? Are you having the same issues in multiple locations? Are you experiencing dropped calls?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Kryshna, we have had these problems for a very long time but over the last several months that have progressively gotten worse.  The issue is very sporadic and does seem to be exacerbated indoors but happens both indoors and out at multiple locations on multiple lines on my account. I have not experienced dropped calls much but admittedly don't use my phone to call people much.  Who does that? lol

Sprint Social Care

LouiePHSC,

Understood! Please perform these steps to the device:

1. Close all data web apps.

2. Turn the device off for 1 minute then turn it back on.

3. Swipe down the Status bar.

4. Tap the Settings icon.

5. Scroll to and tap System Update.

6. Tap Update Profile.

7. Once the profile update is complete, tap OK.

8. Go to Google Play Store and download Speed Test app.

Please perform a speed test and provide me with the screenshot.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Several screenshots below, hope this helps. 

Screenshot_20180420-090615.pngFirst attempt before updating profile.

Screenshot_20180420-090738.pngResults before the profile update.

Screenshot_20180420-090955.pngResults after the profile update. Notice the loss%, not good.

Screenshot_20180420-091001.pngSummary of the most recent speed tests.

Sprint Social Care

LouiePHSC,

Thank you, let's take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

if you zoom in on the coverage map...are you by chance in the light yellow area or brighter yellow area? huge difference between the two coverage wise.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't understand why sprint is so greedy with the magicbox. I'm battling now to get one. Them apologizing for my slow data everytime I call is nice but not fixing the problem in anyway.
Journeyman

It's funny that you mention that because they gave me one without me even asking.  However, it turned out that I was never eligible for it.  I am convinced that most customer service reps will tell you whatever it takes to just get you off the phone or chat, even if its a bold faced lie.  

Good luck @Gnoll83.  I complained and argued and got escalated to the "top tier technicians" to troubleshoot my painfully slow data.  All for them to tell me to use my own wifi that I pay my cable company for and then to admit that the coverage in my area is bad and that there is nothing that the tower operators/technicians or sprint can or will do.  

The only recourse you have is to find another carrier or complain enough to where they offer you monthly discounts to make you a happy customer again.  Look into getting an unlocked phone.  It will give you the most flexibility as a customer.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat