cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone is calling other people using my phone number!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Someone is calling other people using my phone number!

I got a call from an unknown number tonight and logged into my Sprint account to see if the number was listed in the call log.  When viewing my call log, I noticed roughly 30 calls placed from my number to different numbers in New Orleans over the span of 4 - 5 days that I know I didn't make (I live halfway across the country and don't even know anybody there), and that don't show on my phone's call log.  My phone rarely leaves my sight, and one call showed as a 27 minute conversation at the same time I was getting a flu shot.

How can somebody else make calls using my number that show up on my Sprint call log???

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted

Has this issue been resolved as of this date? I would like to know the solution because I just received a phone call yesterday from a older gentleman that left a message telling me to please stop calling him because he does not know "my number" or me. I barely make calls to anyone from my phone but I am getting A LOT of spam callers lately. I have so many calls blocked on my phone it is crazy!! I ported my number over from Boost because I have had this same number for over 7 years. I checked my call log on Sprint and only see the two calls I have made but it wouldn't let me see the logs from earlier than 4/10/2018. Something is NOT adding up here, because the spam calls are Unreal!! I block one and they call from a different number. This is getting ridiculous!! 

Highlighted

Hey @jcibme, the solution was provided here. Follow the instruction in order to get this issue addressed.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Hello, I had the same issue.  Someone made several call to other numbers domestic and international generating additional charges for the international call. Sprint was able to remove those charges along with some of the additional fees generated from international long distance. There was no explanation on how was this able to happen on the Sprint network. I am now having to monitor my account just to make sure there no International phone calls made. I am still receiving phone calls from people saying that they have missed calls from my number or that I keep calling them. This is really frustrating as it makes me feel that someone is using my line and God knows what else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey I would like to know final update on this issue because I am now experiencing the same issue. Except my number is calling a multiple numbers located in Douglas, GA. 

This would be very annoying.

Here's how the issue is fixed, as @Sprint_Jeffrey stated:

If you receive a call and you suspect Caller ID information has been falsified, or you think the rules for protecting the privacy of your telephone number have been violated, you can file a complaint with the FCC. You have multiple options for filing a complaint with the FCC:

• File a complaint online at www.consumercomplaints.fcc.gov
  • By phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322); TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322); ASL Videophone: 1-844-432-2275.
  • By mail (please include your name, address, contact information and as much detail about your complaint as possible):

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20554

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

This same thing is happening to me

but the calls are international and no one at sprint will help me I’ve been with them since 2005 and have never called international and these charges are 300.00 and I’m hoping you can tell me what worked for you or if you were ever able to resolve this?

Highlighted

Hi Vanderkousr. Have you contacted Sprint's fraud department concerning these charges? Also, have you recently acquired a new device or traveled internationally by chance? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

@SLC4054 wrote:

I got a call from an unknown number tonight and logged into my Sprint account to see if the number was listed in the call log.  When viewing my call log, I noticed roughly 30 calls placed from my number to different numbers in New Orleans over the span of 4 - 5 days that I know I didn't make (I live halfway across the country and don't even know anybody there), and that don't show on my phone's call log.  My phone rarely leaves my sight, and one call showed as a 27 minute conversation at the same time I was getting a flu shot.

How can somebody else make calls using my number that show up on my Sprint call log???

Hey SLC4054! This is considered spoofing. Follow the steps that I provided earlier in order to report this to the FCC.

Highlighted

This has been happening to me since June 1, 2018. It started right after I upgraded to a new phone. Mine is cities in 3 different states so far. I called about it after I got an irate voicemail from a man yelling at me to stop calling him. I was assured by the Sprint woman that nothing like this could possibly happen and my demand to speak to fraud was not allowed .

Highlighted

Howdy LDRN. That is super weird. Give me a little time to research this issue. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Alrighty LDRN, I was able to find some information on this. It sounds like your phone is being spoofed. Here is a link regarding Spoofing. SOLUTION: Caller ID Spoofing - What to do if someone is using your phone number

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

@Cat_Sprint That's great and all. But how do I stop it? I've had this number for over 20 years and now I feel like my only way out is to change it. After reading how little help everyone else has gotten here, I fear this won't get resolved. 

I just find it interesting that it started right after I upgraded to a new phone. My voice minutes went from 93/month to 400/month. My call log on my bills are filled with these calls.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat