cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone is calling other people using my phone number!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Someone is calling other people using my phone number!

I got a call from an unknown number tonight and logged into my Sprint account to see if the number was listed in the call log.  When viewing my call log, I noticed roughly 30 calls placed from my number to different numbers in New Orleans over the span of 4 - 5 days that I know I didn't make (I live halfway across the country and don't even know anybody there), and that don't show on my phone's call log.  My phone rarely leaves my sight, and one call showed as a 27 minute conversation at the same time I was getting a flu shot.

How can somebody else make calls using my number that show up on my Sprint call log???

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted

Hi Jeffrey -

I'm having the exact same issue. Most calls are to New Orleans but there are some to Little Rock and MO as well. They often occur at the exact same time as I'm receiving an incoming call, but not always. They also sometimes have the main part of the phone number the same as one that I dial often but the area code is changed to New Orleans or one of the other cities. Can you provide me with any information you may have on how I can resolve this issue? Thanks.

Highlighted

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention HWPRICE!

Let us take a look at your case, and help you address it. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message in a bit.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue! I keep getting multiple calls from individuals saying I keep calling them. I rarely use my phone to call anyone but my mother, so I know I'm not making these calls. I checked my call log on my phone and it states I did not dial any such outgoing calls. But when I check my actual bill call log I have multiple outgoing calls that I certainly didn't make. The weird thing is the phone calls that "I'm dialing" all have the same 3-digit prefix as my phone number. How can I get this resolved?

Highlighted

I am following this convo to see what the final answer because I keep getting a call from an older lady saying that I keep calling her and she threatened to have me reported. I told her that I have no idea who she is and have never called her so I blocked her phone number. 

Highlighted

at this time there isnt anything any carrier can do about number spoofing.

if anything pops up with you and that caller that says you keep calling her Sprints database will show that you did not make any calls to them through their network.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Someone has been placing calls suing my phone line. The calls are not showing on my phone but they are shown in my bill. This is very disturbing as no one seems to be able to provide an explanation on how this is happening. I have not received any instruction on what to do in order to avoid having my line being used by someone else. 

This is very disturbing!

Highlighted

in your case you really do need to talk with an agent in here..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@ANDRESPASILLAS1wrote:

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Someone has been placing calls suing my phone line. The calls are not showing on my phone but they are shown in my bill. This is very disturbing as no one seems to be able to provide an explanation on how this is happening. I have not received any instruction on what to do in order to avoid having my line being used by someone else. 

This is very disturbing!

Hmmm, just a stab here, but this is looking kinda like a case of a cloned phone, i say kinda, since apparently the calls don`t show up on the handset`s call log, what i`d be wondering here is, do the calls show up on the call log on the Sprint site (have a look at your My sprint account and view the call logs to see if they show up there) as methinks they`d also appear there too.  And yes, a agree this is kinda disturbing, hoping it gets resolved soon :).  TK241.  P.S.  Could also be an account hack in which they hacker added him/herself to your account as another user as well, just sommore thinkin` thoughts.

Highlighted

ANDRESPASILLAS1,

Hey! I would like to take a closer look into this. I will need to take a look into your account. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Hello TK241, thank you for your reply.

I did checked the call log and they are showing there. Actually how I noticed is 

that I got my bill and I had about $50 in charges for long distance calls, I looked at the call detail and found all the long distance calls and some other domestic ones to numbers completely unknown. I started receiving calls of angry husbands asking why I was calling their wives when I was completely oblivious to the situation.

Highlighted

@ANDRESPASILLAS1wrote:

Hello TK241, thank you for your reply.

I did checked the call log and they are showing there. Actually how I noticed is 

that I got my bill and I had about $50 in charges for long distance calls, I looked at the call detail and found all the long distance calls and some other domestic ones to numbers completely unknown. I started receiving calls of angry husbands asking why I was calling their wives when I was completely oblivious to the situation.

Yeah this is lookin` more like an account hack, sounds like the hacker somehow added themselves as another user (in the vain of a shared account) so they could make these calls on your account, idea, if you (with help from Sprint tech or mabey even the security folks too) can locate that other user ya could simply remove that user, failling that the only other option would be to delete the account and start over from milepost one.  I know that would hurt but given what i`ve read methinks that your account has been compromised, failling removing the (hacker`s) subaccount you`ll have no choice but to run it back to the start and recreate everything, username, password and such, and mabey even consider changing your phone number just to be safe.  Like i said, kinda sucks, but it is what it is unfortunately.  Best of luck to ya in this.  TK241

Highlighted

Had me another thinkin` thought, i would also check your phone with a virus scanner to see if there`s a posability of some maleware on your handset that has allowed a hacker access to your handset, and thus access to your account, kinda rare i know, but it`s a suggestion.  As a side note, also do a full (what i call a hard reset) factory reset of your phone, if there IS something nasty on the handset doing an FR SHOULD wipe it out (unless it happens to be what i knew as a "TSR' or Terminate and Stay Resident program, these were common with desktop PC`s back when i was a younger geek, but not so much nowadays, but still could happen).  Good luck, hope all ends well with this.  TK241

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat