cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone is calling other people using my phone number!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Someone is calling other people using my phone number!

I got a call from an unknown number tonight and logged into my Sprint account to see if the number was listed in the call log.  When viewing my call log, I noticed roughly 30 calls placed from my number to different numbers in New Orleans over the span of 4 - 5 days that I know I didn't make (I live halfway across the country and don't even know anybody there), and that don't show on my phone's call log.  My phone rarely leaves my sight, and one call showed as a 27 minute conversation at the same time I was getting a flu shot.

How can somebody else make calls using my number that show up on my Sprint call log???

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted

Here are the steps to report the issue. 

If you receive a call and you suspect Caller ID information has been falsified, or you think the rules for protecting the privacy of your telephone number have been violated, you can file a complaint with the FCC. You have multiple options for filing a complaint with the FCC:

• File a complaint online at www.consumercomplaints.fcc.gov
  • By phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322); TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322); ASL Videophone: 1-844-432-2275.
  • By mail (please include your name, address, contact information and as much detail about your complaint as possible):

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20554

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat