I added a line & device last week and had my number put onto the new device and the new number assigned to the old device. I need to swap the numbers so that the new number is with the new device. Can I do that without going into a store?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have the same request - I have 2 Samsung phones and would like to swap the numbers between the two phones. Please advise. Thank you.
@GoRamsGoRams, the swap can be processed through your MySprint account online. If you're uncomfortable or unsuccessful with the process, you can send me a private message with your phone number and PIN or security answer.
I am having the same issue. I want to move my old phone number to my new plan and I am being told I can’t do that. They want to move my device to the phone number and in that case end my contract agreement for the new phone. Can someone help me?
Hey @Jpkeschinger! I'd like to better understand your issue. Are you trying to place an active line to a plan that's on another line on the same account? If so, were you told why you cannot do this?
@loremipsum, it was a pleasure to assist you.
could I please get help with this, too?
I have two active devices and would like to swap the phone numbers.
Hi Carlos, I two active phones and want to swap their numbers. The customer support lines and chat are super busy w/ Covid-19 staffing levels. Are you on-line and can you help? Ed
Hey, it's really easy to swap your devices. It can be done online at Sprint.com, here's what you'll need:
- A valid My Sprint account with an account owner or account authorized profile.
- If you are not an account owner and do not have permission to change settings on your account, the person who set up your account will need to make the phone swap for you.
Please ensure the device is fully charged.
1. Visit sprint.com/activate and click on the Sign in to Activate button.
2. Sign in to My Sprint using your username and password.
• Select an active device on the account to swap.
3. Confirm your email address or provide one if the field is empty.
4. Select your device in the New device to activate area.
5. Carefully review the instructions on how to back up your contacts and content; click Continue to proceed with activating your new device.
6. Confirm your new device and review your current plan choices. Depending on your specific account and device combinations, you may be required to change your plan or services.
7. Click Activate and wait five minutes.
8. Set up your device and verify that your voice and data services work.